Atmosfera is a client-side ambient sound system with customizable, atmospheric sound resources for Minecraft Fabric.
The Atmosfera System
- The client-side environment allows users to run the mod even on Vanilla servers.
- The system provides a dynamic 2D soundscape depending on several conditions and modifiers within a sphere/hemisphere around the player:
- Distance from the ground,
- Percentage of biomes,
- Percentage of blocks,
- Percentage of the sky visibility,
- Period of the day,
- Rainy weather,
- Stormy weather,
- Submerged in a fluid.
- The playback uses smooth loops and transitions.
- Settings powered by Cloth Config API for volumes and subtitles can be configured with or without Mod Menu.
- Sound files and events are stored as resources allowing users to customize and create their own Atmosfera resource packs.
The Atmosfera Resources
The sound events of both built-in packs support the blocks and biomes of various world generation mods.
- The pack provides a selection of assets from Minecraft Dungeons for a more suitable and immersive ambience.
- The ambient soundscape consists of 28 events with 65 sounds:
- Cave: Cave echoes
- Cave - Speleothems: Water drips in the cave
- Desert - Daytime: Desert hums
- Desert - Nighttime: Desert sizzles
- Forest - Daytime: Forest breathes
- Forest - Nighttime: Forest rests
- Forest - Rainy: Forest refreshes
- Forest - Snowy - Daytime: Forest chills
- Forest - Snowy - Nighttime: Forest shivers
- Grass: Grass rustles
- Grassland - Daytime: Grassland breathes
- Grassland - Nighttime: Grassland rests
- Grassland - Rainy: Grassland refreshes
- Grassland - Snowy - Daytime: Grassland chills
- Grassland - Snowy - Nighttime: Grassland shivers
- Leaves: Leaves rustle
- Rainforest - Tropical - Daytime: Rainforest chatters
- Rainforest - Tropical - Nighttime: Rainforest buzzes
- Shore: Waves lap the shore
- Shore - Beach - Daytime: Beach howls
- Shore - Beach - Nighttime: Beach breezes
- Shore - Beach - Rainy: Beach rumbles
- Swamp - Daytime: Swamp breathes
- Swamp - Nighttime: Swamp rests
- Swamp - Rainy: Swamp refreshes
- Waterbody: Water ripples
- Waterbody - River: River runs
- Wind: Wind blows
- The music soundscape is composed of 7 events with 13 tracks:
- Desert - Cacti Canyon
- Desert - Desert Temple
- Grassland - Pumpkin Pastures
- Snowy - Lone Fortress
- Snowy - Lost Settlement
- Swamp - Soggy Cave
- The Fabric Mod Loader, Fabric API and Cloth Config API are required to install and use Atmosfera.
- Mod Menu is recommended to be able to configure the settings with a graphical user interface.
- Presence Footsteps is suggested to enhance the sound experience.
- Similar ambient sound mods or data packs are not recommended to be used together with Atmosfera since the soundscapes might conflict.
|Mod||Minecraft 1.16.5||Minecraft 1.17|
|Oh The Biomes You'll Go||✓||✓|
|Woods and Mires||✓||✓|
- Follow the instructions on the Fabric Wiki to install the requirements and Atmosfera.
- The Atmosfera builds, as JAR files, can be downloaded from the Releases tab of the GitHub repository or the CurseForge page. Avoid the suspicious mod reposting websites.
- Activate the built-in or a custom Atmosfera resource pack.
Caveats and Known Issues
- The built-in resource pack cannot be enabled by default. (ResourcePackActivationType)
- The system cannot be utilized by a non-player entity like the mob view and Replay Mod editor.
Use the Issues tab of the GitHub repository for reports and requests.