Auto HUD is a Minecraft mod for the Fabric launcher which hides parts of the user interface (HUD) that are currently not interesting.
It is inspired by similar mods ("immersive hud") for other games. I personally really like the clean view of no visible HUD, but get frustrated by the limitations of using F1 mode.
This is an opinionated rewrite of Head-down Display that never got updated.
- Toggle the whole HUD with a key binding.
- Have parts of the HUD that haven't changed hide away.
- Hide persistent, unchanging status effects, such as water breathing from the turtle helmet.
- Show remaining time of status effects.
- Highly configurable.
Visual differences to F1 mode
- Player hand / equipped items remain visible
- Player names remain visible
- The vignette remains active
- Incoming chat messages still pop up
- Crosshair remains visible (see my other mod Dynamic Crosshair for that)
- Configurable what elements are hidden
This mod has been written for Fabric for Minecraft >= 1.18.2.
This mod includes a modified version of magicus' Status Effect Timer, because I could not figure out how to dynamically insert my modifications into it. Since this mod allows for status effect icons to be hidden individually, the non-modified version will draw the timers in the wrong place.
Known to be compatible:
- Dynamic Crosshair augments this mod by dynamically hiding the crosshair as well.
- Raised works perfectly.
- HUDTweaks mostly works. Vertical status effects bar does not work with the timer overlay. Animation direction and offset may have to be tweaked in AutoHud's settings manually.
- AppleSkin appears to work fine.
- DetailArmorBar is supported.
- BerdinskiyBear's Armor Hud is supported in hotbar mode.
Known to be incompatible:
- OptiFabric crashes due to mixin conflicts.
- Any other mod that draws status effect timers should have that functionality disabled.
- HUD elements created by other mods will most likely not be moved.
- Bedrockify overwrites the status effect modifications. To get them working, disable the