Yet Another Config Lib, like, what were you expecting?
Why does this mod even exist?
This mod was made to fill a hole in this area of Fabric modding. The existing main config libraries don't achieve what I want from them:
- Cloth Config API: It's stale. The developer of cloth has clarified that they are likely not going to add any more features. They don't want to touch it.
- SpruceUI: It isn't designed for configuration. In this essence the design feels cluttered. Further details available in this issue.
- MidnightLib: It's mostly bloat and doesn't have a focus on config. This library includes other unwanted features such as cosmetics.
- OwoLib: It's content focused. Like MidnightLib, it does a lot of other things as well, adding to the size.
As you can see, there's sadly a drawback with all of them and this is where YetAnotherConfigLib comes in.
How is YACL better?
YACL has the favour of hindsight. Whilst developing this fresh library, I can make sure that it does everything right:
- It's just a config library. YACL contains no other features, just config screen generation.
- It's lightweight. YACL leaves managing your config up to you, it doesn't contain an alternative to AutoConfig or similar. (Can be paired with my other library, Settxi, for this feature)
- Easy API. YACL takes inspiration from Sodium's internal configuration library.
- It's styled to fit in Minecraft. YACL's GUI is designed to fit right in.
The wiki contains a full documentation on how to use YACL.
This mod is under the GNU Lesser General Public License, v3.0.