This mod brings Warp Drive and similar Science fiction technologies to minecraft included but not limited to resource collection (mining asteroids in space), transportation (move your team or your whole base across dimensions), and combat (fight against other ships and bases with laser cannons or other mods).
Since 1.3.39, you can build a transporter room multiblock setup, with upgrade and such.
Modular Force Fields
Since 1.3.26, force fields are included in the mod, use their numerous upgrades to protect your ship, base or space station.
The code was built from ground up, with inspirations from Imalune's & Calclavia's Modular Forcefield System, along with Immibis' Advanced Repulsion System. As the rest of the mod, both RF and EU are supported.
There's 3 tiers and a lot of upgrades, see the wiki for details on how to use them.
Force field interact with blocks, entities, lasers and explosives from other mods, including EMP from DefenseTech and ICBM Classic, etc.
Ship rotation support
Since 1.3.20, ship can be rotated horizontally.
Along with all vanilla blocs, many mods are explicitly support:
ForgeMultipart (microblocks & WirelessRedstone CBE)
Yes, all vanilla blocks and their derivative are supported. For example, Underground Biomes Construct stairs/buttons are supported.
Yes, EnderIO conduits are rotating too. Same goes with Thermal Dynamics.
See "Want to help?" below.
The WarpDrive technology is mostly known from Star Trek. However, the mod applies to other works using this technology like EVE Online, StarCraft, Starship Troopers, Doctor Who, etc. Laser cannons are also fairly common since StarWars and other mods like ICBM have similar features.
Overall, this mod gives freedom for you, as well as players to choose the theme and play-style you like.
For modpack authors, a fairly extensive configuration is included to adjust to your liking.
With the WarpDrive mod, you typically build a small ship in the overworld, and take off (move above Y = 255) to reach space.
From space, you can travel to reach other planet orbits and land (move down below Y = 0) on their dimension. This can be TheEnd, a MystCraft age, or any other mods' dimension depending on what planet is there.
As planets can be fairly distant from one another, you'll want to use hyperspace to move much faster. Small ships require jump-gates to reach hyperspace so you'll want to build a capital ship which can engage hyperdrive. As Capital ships are fairly big, they can't land on planets, so you'll have to build them in space.
In space, you can find asteroids to mine with your ship's mining laser multiblock structure.
Ships leave echos on the radar, empowering you to find derelicts and enemies. Isolation blocks will reduce your echo on the radar, making your ship harder to spot 10k blocks away. From closer range, players can still find your ship with their eyes, that's why you want a cloaking setup to cover your base or ship.
Once you've found an enemy base or ship, you can use your laser cannon to pierce their defenses. Additional cannons can be used to boost your main cannon for added destructive power.
Ship hulls and force fields are used to protect your ship.
The following features are already available in the mod:
- Create your own space ship from any blocks (excluding bedrock) and sail it through space.
- Explore the space dimension: asteroids fields filled with ores, gas clouds, planetoids, stars, and NPC ships.
- Jump to hyperspace for quick, long-range traveling!
- Build laser cannons on your ship to fight, mine and win!
- Surround an area with powerful force fields to protect from your ennemies!
- Cloak your ship, base or a space station so that enemy have no clue where you are!
- Provide energy to your ship and its components with an Enantiomorphic reactor
- Transport your crew down to a planet or extract them from an enemy ship!
And much more to come...
In depth information
The WarpDrive mod is compatible with:
- Energy transferred in EU (IC2) or RF (CoFH). Hence, we are compatible with IC2, GregTech, Thermal Expansion, Mekanism, EnderIO, BigReactors, AtomicScience, BuildCraft, DeepResonance, etc.
- Force fields systems, notably Immibis' Advanced Repulsion System and Imalune & Calclavia Modular ForceField System (MFFS).
- Multiblock structures from Mekanism, Calclavia ICBM, IC2 reactors, ThermalDynamics and more.
- NetherOres and Underground biomes mods for world generation.
- Forge & Immibis microblocks, containers (IronChests, etc.), mobs (Cow, Zombies, etc.) and fluids so they jump properly with your ship.
- New dimensions added from any mods, including MystCraft, Galaticraft/Planets, etc.
- Many others are also supported for rotation like Bibliocraft, ArsMagica2, Thaumcraft, EvilCraft, Tinker's Construct and more!
- Force field support damages from DefenceTech and ICBM, including EMP explosions!
The mod includes:
- New space dimension with randomly generated asteroids fields, planetoids, gas clouds and derelicts, along with admin generated Jump-gates and stars.
- New hyperspace dimension allowing to move 100x faster then in space. Your ship needs to be big enough to reach hyperspace, or you'll need to use jump-gates to move in/out of hyperspace.
- Transition planes allowing you to take off from any dimension to reach space, and land from space down to another dimension.
- Easy access for everyone with pre-loaded programs for ComputerCraft and OpenComputers (simply place an Advanced computer next to a machine to use it).
- Extensive API to program machines with ComputerCraft and OpenComputers, for those inclined in LUA.
- Powerful Mining lasers: a SciFi version of Buildcraft quarries.
- Advanced Radar to detect other ships in space. Energy increases drastically with range while Isolation blocks reduces your chance to be seen on radar.
- A unique cloaking system to hide visually your base or ship from players outside of it. Considerable energy is required to sustain the field.
- An unstable inertia driven reactor: the more power output you get, the more chances it'll explode.
- A transporter room to teleport with style!
How to install?
For 1.6.4, you need both mods: WarpDriveCore and WarpDrive itself, in addition to all required mods (see change logs for details).
From 1.7.10, there's only one mod: WarpDrive, in addition to all required mods.
How to play?
Your ship is centered around a Ship core with a Ship controller. Both needs to be placed horizontally next to each others. The Ship core receives both EU and RF power. The Ship controller defines the front of your ship and connects with a ComputerCraft Advanced computer or OpenComputer equivalent.
Using that computer, you define your ship dimensions, name it, move it around, etc.
Your ship size is limited to 127 x 127 x 127 blocks which covers your default render distance.
Players can right click the Warp controller to register their identity and be teleported back on-board from the computer interface.
Ship volume is measured in blocks, excluding air and gases. Volume should be less than 3000 blocks for a ship to take off from and land on planets.
Engaging hyperdrive allows to enter and exit hyperspace, provided your ship volume is at least 1200 blocks.
Power consumption for a jump is typically 10 EU per volume blocks + 100 EU per block distance on planets and space.
Hyperspace movement is typically 10x more expensive while being 100x faster. Each transition to or from hyperspace requires 10M EU.
For more information, refer to the Wiki here.
This mod is the continuation of Cr0s WarpDrive available here.
The latest legacy 1.6.4 version is available in this repository.
The 1.7.10 version is released.
The 1.12.2 version is still considered 'Alpha', use at your own risk.
This mod is All right reserved unless otherwise stated.
Feel free to include this mod in your modpack provided you credit the authors and link back to this page.
Want to Help?
Contribution of texture, schematics, sounds, bugfixes or addons are more than welcome.
Please report issues on the official github here. Feature request are welcome, but may be harshly treated.
You can contact TheNumenorean over github or mcforum pms.
- Cr0s for the original mod
- drpepper240 and ZLOFENIX for their contribution on the original Oxygen and Laser
- ShaneDarkholme/DarkholmeTenk for the initial 1.6.4 refactoring, enantiomorphic reactor, laser tree farm, etc.
- All the people who have corrected TheNumenorean's spelling: Lordslyfox, TheChronomancer