You miss the old combat? Yeah, we all do. Well, time to bring it back I guess. Say goodbye to the attack cooldown and hello spam clicking! Also welcome back useful mechanics such as sword blocking and a healing system that doesn't regenerate your whole health in a matter of seconds.
But wait, you want to let's say keep the attack cooldown, but you also want to have sword blocking? Don't worry, that's completely fine as this mod is highly customisable.
There are so many features aimed at improving and refining combat included with this mod, it has therefor been split into multiple modules to provide as much configuration as possible.
Well, sword blocking is back, what more is there to say really? It looks the same, it functions the same, ... Simply put it's just as equally awesome as it was back in the day.
- block incoming attacks to prevent partial damage while wielding any type of sword
- include modded swords that don't extend vanilla ones
- exclude modded swords which already have a right-click functionality
- blocked attacks deal only about half the damage they normally would (configurable)
- blocking does not decrease the sword's durability (configurable)
- when holding a useable item in the offhand (e. g. food, bow, shield) this item will be prioritised instead of blocking
- deflect projectiles like shields do
The attack cooldown is gone! And this isn't just some simple knockoff constantly resetting the cooldown value.
Everything is back to how it used to be before the Combat Update, no cooldown animation, no attack indicator, no traces of any attack speed left anywhere. Just as if it never even existed.
And there is more!
- you no longer stop sprinting when attacking
- the sharpness enchantment is more effective
- sweeping edge is required for a sweeping attack to trigger
This is a very powerful module allowing the user to change a number of stats for every item in the game, even from other mods.
- attack damage; used by default for restoring pre-Combat Update values to weapons and tools
- attack speed; only useful when classic combat option is disabled
- stack size; used to make snowballs stack to 64 by default as in recent Combat Test Snapshots
- tool durability; allows changing durability on items that already have it, allows for making them unbreakable
While restoring old mechanics, this mod also makes some of the features found in recently released Combat Test Snapshots available to everyone right now.
- fire tridents from dispensers
- no damage immunity from projectiles; makes multishot crossbows and many modded weapons work properly on a single target
- impaling enchantment works on any mob in contact with water or rain
- no warm-up delay for shields
- usage cooldown on configurable items, snowballs and eggs have a cooldown of 4 ticks by default
This module is not available for Minecraft 1.12.
Choose between the food system from the pre-Combat Update update era, the current one and the one from Combat Test Snapshots. Or configure your own! But most of all prevent surplus saturation from triggering a ridiculously fast regeneration boost.
- up to how many food points regenerating health is still possible
- amount of ticks between regenerating health
- regenerate health from food instead of saturation
- time it takes to consume a food item
- food level required to be able to sprint
Other cool mods for improving various combat aspects:
For this mod to fully function it needs to be installed on both the client and server.