NEW V2 FOR 1.14.4
The Veggie Way - A vanilla-friendly way to get food and other items without killing.
Built with Forge 1.14.4 - 28.1.10+
I love playing Minecraft, but killing cows, sheep, pigs, and chickens for food always leaves me feeling a little guilty. Why doesn't Minecraft give you a way to craft high nutrition foods without resorting to eating cooked animal flesh?
The Veggie Way solves that problem!
Note: There is a vegan option for protein with Red Quinoa!
By using the bounty of nature (apples, carrots, beets, etc.) and farm-fresh eggs and milk for some protein, you can now create high nutrition foods. Also, you can get some special effects without having to brew up potions (another thing I'm not really fond of in Minecraft).
Superfood drinks and bars are better than vanilla cooked meats.
Here is how it works:
- Collect some Drying Agent from from sand with a Hand Tiller, its silicate from millions of years of volcanic dust in the soil (20% chance)
- Red Quinoa Seeds drops from dirt and grass blocks with a Hand Tiller (10% chance), plant on farmland to grow Quinoa
- Raise some chickens to get eggs or grow some Red Quinoa - used to craft protein powder
- Farm some carrots - used to craft vitamin powder
- Farm some apples or beets - used to craft fructose powder
- Farm some Wheat - used to craft wheatgerm Powder
- Farm some Cocoa Beans - used to make caffeine Powder
- Farm some potatoes - used to craft carb powder
- Keep a cow around because you will need some milk [optional]
- Want more options for fruits, vegetables, and proteins that are compatible with Veggie Way, check out Simple Farming.
With these basic ingredients, you can start making drinks and bars
- Energy Drink - restores (4) hunger and gives you speed
- Energy Bar - restores (6) hunger and gives some damage resistance
- Superfood Shake - restores (5) hunger and some extra strength
- Superfood Smoothie - restores (5) hunger and some extra strength (vegan option)
- Superfood Bar - restores (7) hunger and health boost
All of the crafting is done on a vanilla crafting table, so no special machines are required.
Resourceful tools allow player to obtain various mob loot without the need to kill.
Hand Scraper - use in a crafting grid with bamboo to get bamboo sheets, which can be crafted into vanilla leather
Hand Tiller, Hand Trimmer, and Hand Pick - see drops table below.
Drop Stats for other Resourceful Tools: