Easy Steel & More Mod for Forge 1.15.2 & 1.16.3
NOTE: 1.14.4 is no longer supported, 1.15.2 will get bug fixes. 1.16.3 is focus of new development.
For 1.15.2+, tools and weapons use sticks instead of metal rods. Also, the Crack Hammer is no longer a breaking tool, it is a crafting item. Recipes are in JEI.
Easy Steel & More is designed for vanilla+ play, respecting the supremacy of Diamond/Netherite and providing the player with additional choices for tools, weapons, and armor. This mod adds Flint, Bronze, Steel, Titanium Alloy, Hardened Steel and Tungsten-Carbide to provide a fuller range of choices between Vanilla's Stone and Diamond.
Where the materials fit with Vanilla:
The Crack Hammer will be an important tool! Use it in a crafting table on vanilla and Easy Steel ores and it will yield (2) powdered ores. Works on coal, iron, gold, diamond, emerald, copper, tin, titanium, and tungsten. If ore blocks from other mods have proper Forge ore tags, it will work on those as well.
Make Steel with powders or ingots, you choose:
- Four ores are added to world generation: Bornite (copper), Cassiterite (tin), Rutile (titanium), and Wolframite (tungsten); ores can be disabled in the config
- Carbon is obtained by using a crack hammer with coal in a crafting table
- Bronze is made by mixing copper and tin powders (3x1) in crafting table and processing the Raw Bronze in a regular Furnace
- Steel is made by mixing carbon powder and iron powder in crafting table and processing the Raw Steel in a Blast Furnance
- Titanium Alloy is made by mixing carbon powder and titanium powder in crafting table and processing the Raw Titanium Alloy in a Blast Furnance
- Hardened Steel is made by mixing raw steel and carbon powder in crafting table and processing the Raw Hardened Steel in a Blast Furnance
- Tungsten-Carbide is made by mixing tungsten powder and carbon powder in crafting table and processing the Raw Tungsten_Carbide in a Blast Furnance
- Crack Hammer provides ore doubling for copper, tin, tungsten, iron, gold, diamond, and emerald.
- Starting in an Extreme Hills Biome is helpful since ores may be exposed on the surface
- Use a Hand Shovel to gather Sharp Flint to make flint tools. Use on Gravel blocks, random chance to get either flint or sharp flint.
- Carbon Powders are obtained by crafting Coal with a Crack Hammer
- Iron Nuggets can be crafted into Iron Links, which can be crafted into vanilla Chain Mail
- Bronze and Steel Armor/Tools/Weapons can be made from Silent Mechanisms bronze and steel
- Bronze/Steel/Titanium Alloy/Hardened Steel/Tungsten-Carbide Ingots - used to make Steel Plate
- Flint/Bronze/Steel/Titanium Alloy/Hardened Steel/Tungsten-Carbide Tools and Weapons - made from ingots and sticks
- Steel/Hardened Steel Bows and Crossbows
- Bronze/Steel/Titanium Alloy/Hardened Steel/Tungsten-Carbide Armor - made from Bronze, Steel, Titanium Alloy, Hardened Steel, and Tungsten-Carbide Plates
- Copper, Tin, Titanium, and Tungsten Ingot included for cross mod compatibility
NOTE: If you happen to be using a mod that has stronger mobs than vanilla, the attack damage and durability of tools and armor material can be adjusted in the config.
Mod Development Discord: https://discord.gg/j7bYbkW