GOBBER MOD FOR FORGE 1.12.2 & 1.14.4
Built with Forge 1.14.4 - 28.1.44+
The Gobber mod is designed to make playing Minecraft more fulfilling by providing enhanced armor, tools, and weapons. Additionally, the mod provides special items (rings, staffs, and medallions) that provide a variety of quality of life enhancements and convenience perks.
Some may consider the items overpowered, but that is a matter of choice, in my opinion.
The 1.12.2 version of the mod contains more items than the current 1.14.4. The 1.12.2 version of the mod was my first foray into learning Java code. As such, some items and blocks were not brought forward into the 1.14.4 edition. The amount of changes in the Forge API from 1.12.2 to 1.14.4 were quite large and I decided to re-write the mod from scratch. I used the opportunity to re-think items/blocks that either did not work has desired or were in conceived in concept. The blocks may return in the future, but more likely as tile entites to be more flexible and robust (e.g. with GUI). Stay tuned.
- (3) new ores in Overworld, Nether, and The End. Overworld ore spawns between Y=20-30
- (3) types of glass that players can pass through but mobs cannot
- (3) levels of coal that give 64,000, 96,000, and 128,000 burn time
- (3) armors that provide special perks like auto feeding/saturation, water breathing, Conduit Power, fire protection, and no fall damage
- (3) sets of weapons and tools that are far superior to diamond level + paxels and hammers (each contains tool tips for special features)
- A sword that also fires arrows with great precision and high velocity on right-click
- A paxel that places torches on right click
- A medallion that lets you adjust your step height from default, 1, 2, and 3 blocks high
- (3) levels of special rings providing an array of perks (e.g. item magnet, mass mining, lumberjacking, a plant/tree growth ring, item repair ring, high leaping, floating, night vision, negative effect protection, enderchest access, Enderman blinking ability, and a ring that lets you set a location to teleport to).
- Lots to explore and discover
- (2) Area effect blocks that provide player healing and mob elimination for a 64 block range
AREA DEFENSE BLOCKS (1.12.2 ONLY):
If you encounter any errors while using the mod, please open an issue using the link above.
Modpack makers are free to use this mod in modpack.