Note: 1.16.4 version should work fine on 1.16.5.
Mapper Base is a library mod that provides basic elements and functionalities to my other mods.
While this mod is not intended to be used alone, it still provides many things for players:
- a new material, steel, with associated tool and armor sets. If you find steel too easy / hard to get, you can change the craft using the new recipe system introduced by Minecraft 1.13.
- a new material, raw bitumen, that generates in the world and allows making asphalt. It is quite abundant as building roads can require tons of blocks.
- a new fuel, bituminous coal. Can be crafted by surrounding a coal with 8 raw bitumen in a 3x3 crafting grid. 8 pieces of bituminous coal will be created. 8 bituminous coals will smelt 10 items (2 more than one coal). This gives bitumen an alternative use as its abundance can quickly fill your chests if you mine all of it.
- asphalt blocks, a new decorative block to create very basic roads.
- concrete blocks, a new decorative block for buildings and roads.
Please only download this mod on CurseForge. Other sources like the mod rehost websites may host malicious contents in the provided files, along with wrong or mislabeled versions. They must be avoided for your safety.
This mod comes with two config files:
- mapperbase-client allows you to enable a Tag viewer: when enabled, hold CTRL while hovering an item with your mouse to see its tags in the tooltip (useful for modders and pack makers)
- mapperbase-common allows you to tweak raw bitumen generator parameters: you can increase / decrease vein sizes, occurrences or simply disable generation
This mod is only intended to work with Forge. Fabric is not supported neither planned at this time.