DISCLAIMER: Because I am waiting for patchouli 1.14 to release as a guide book I recommend installing JEI so that you can view the recipes.
Firefly is a mod focussed around capturing fireflies and using them to do various magic.
You start by creating a Firefly Lure. Use a bucket of water on it to start spawning fireflies. Depending on the biome a certain type of firefly will spawn. Each firefly has its own color and magic bound to it. Use a Firefly Jar to capture your fireflies.
Craft a Firefly Press to start gathering magic.
Use a Cauldron from the mod to make potions. Be sure to light the cauldron and put water in it as well otherwise, it won't work.
Use a Scroll Table to start making magic scrolls. Place paper and the right component in the table and ahoy, a scroll will be made.
- - Wisdom Draught: Doubles XP gain.
- - Liquid Luck: Chance to have double ore drop. (Does currently not work, forge events still broken)
- - Mandragora: Attacks can apply poison.
- - Druid’s Delight: Chance to spawn passive mobs around you.
- - Dragon’s Wrath: Chance to dodge and set the enemy on fire when being attacked.
- - Bloodfury Potion: Chance to deal double damage.
- - Sage: Grants flat xp.
- - Druid: Spawns lots of plants around you.
- - Miner: Turns nearby stone into ores.
- - Demon: When used fire’s fireballs into all directions.
- - Thunderstrike: Blasting surrounding entities with thunder.
Scrolls deplete on usage. Depending on the amount of juice given on creation it will have a certain level.
Questions? Join the Mystic Modding Discord and I would be glad to answer them!