" Keeps safe your inventory items on death, with many features for better survivability and exploration, in a medieval fantasy atmosphere related to the decorative grave & the haunting souls. "
Corail Tombstone handles your death in Minecraft by providing tons of configuration options, many features to encourage to discover the world and several compatibilities between mods.
It also introduces a perk system : the Knowledge of Death, and a magic system based on some enchantable items with the help of the Souls haunting the Decorative Graves and waiting for a way to be freed for their eternal sentence.
A screen in game allows to configure player preferences, access a Compendium of infos and the selection of the perks.
There're several commands related to death and dimensional teleportation.
The mod works fine on server and has translations in French, English & Dutch (Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, Simplified & Traditional Chinese are also provided as a courtesy by some players).
Special thanks to Gegy1000, Barteks2x, Raycoms & Runemoro for their advices
The decorative graves are special blocks with a fog particle only during the night.
They can be harvested with shovel/pickaxe and can be engraved with the anvil (see below).
The decorative graves can be haunted by a soul, depending on the chance set in the config.
The soul stays until used and allows some enchants like magic scroll/tablet, or upgrade the grave's key.
Dark and white graves has no difference for the gameplay (as the chosen model).
To build a decorative grave, you will need to collect Grave's Dust (the common way to obtain them is by killing undeads or with Cat Morning Gift), and one Essence of Undeath being an ingredient obtainable through the advancements (the first one is by finding how to select your favorite grave in the config in game) and rarely foundable on undeads, Cat Morning Gift and by fishing in deep water (but don't hope to find them by theses ways except by luck).
In newer versions, the default ingredient to build decorative graves is an Essence of Undeath as skulls were really too common in a modded world.
Inscription on decorative graves
By using the anvil, you can combine a grave plate with an iron ingot to set a name on that plate.
This can be used then to set or change the name on your decorative graves. A config allows to prevent to switch the names.
In older versions, grave plates were not present and the decorative graves needed to be combined in the anvil.
Rarely, a Grave Guardian can appear near a decorative grave. This guardian will protect the surroundings from hostile creatures and will offer to trade with the players. This is one way to obtain Grave's Dust and Essence of Undeath. During special events, the trades may differ.
Grave Marble, Upgrade Grave's Key, Strange Scroll, Strange Tablet
Scroll of Knowledge, Scroll of Preservation, Tablet of Assistance, Tablet of Recall
Hint : you can also upgrade the grave's key with a soul - undead drop Grave's Dust
Scroll of Unstable Intangibleness : provides a potion effect making you invincible for one second every 5 seconds
Fishing Rod of Misadventure : new fishing rod (with more chance to have junk while fishing)
Lost Tablet : found while fishing in the junk loot table, and allowing to discover some structures and teleport to it
Dust of Vanishing : makes you vanish in a smoke column preventing monsters to target you for a short time, and teleport you on the same time to a safe backward location allowing an easy retreat
Soul receptacle : to set a soul on a grave for creative purpose and modpack reward, and prevent to die if the player has one on him (breaking the item)
Voodoo Poppets : prevents you to die from some specific damages (the recipes are unlocked with the Perk)
Book Of Disenchantment : strips the enchantments of an item
Scroll of Feather Fall : slowing any fall
Scroll of Purification : dispels your negative effects over time
Scroll of True Sight : allows to see clearly in water and by night
Ankh of Pray : allows to pray on a grave to earn some knowledge points, and can also be used on a soul to reset the perks tree (the soul is consumed)
Knowledge of Death
Players earns knowledge points each time they use a grave's soul to enchant an item, when they free a soul from a receptacle, by praying near a decorative grave with a special item called Ankh of Pray (with a cooldown of 6 in-game hours), or by accomplishing the tombstone advancements.
Theses points allow you to unlock some perks in a special gui "Knowledge of Death" (the keybind in "misc" is not defined by default).
The perks are small bonus related to all the features of tombstone, instead of providing them by default (some of them will be displayed based on what is allowed in the config).
Total knowledge points for a level: level * level * 2
Knowledge points to reach the next level: (4 * next_level) - 2
The compendium is a special section of the gui of the Knowledge of Death that provides infos, linked between them, about Tombstone.
How to configure the mod
You have 3 files in the run/config folder all prefixed by "tombstone" that can be edited.
Most of features, items, enchantments can be disabled in this config (and some are disabled by default like 'pvp')
Client Config in game
The client config can be accessed directly in a screen in game by using the command /tbgui or by setting a keybind.
- TBTeleport: dimensional teleportation (position, player, village, biome, your respawn, your last grave, your last death point)
- TBBind: binds your current location or teleport to one of 5 possible bound locations
- TBShowLastGrave : shows the last player's grave position
- TBRestoreInventory : click your grave at distance restoring the inventory
- TBRecovery : manually backups all players (or one), or rollbacks a player from an old save
- TBKnowledge : modify the knowledge points of a player or reset its ankh's cooldown
- TBSiege : allows to launch/stop a Zombie Siege
- TBReviveFamiliar : bring back to life your last dead familiar
- TBRequestTeleport : send authorization request to teleport to another player with a custom cooldown
- Soulbound: items with this enchantment remain on you when you die
- Shadow Step: move discreetly reducing the distance to be detected by creatures based on darkness
- Magic Siphon: chance to absorb beneficial effects from the target
- Plague Bringer: chance to apply a random harmful effect. The wearer is also affects by this effect if his alignment is not bad
- Blessing: chance to receive a short buff when hit
- Curse of Bones: chance to apply Bone Shield when hit with a cooldown
- Frostbite: chance to apply freeze on hit
Effects (command /effect)
- 'tombstone:ghostly_shape': similar to the effect after your death preventing creatures to attack you and improvable with the perk system
- 'tombstone:diversion': preventing creatures to attack you
- 'tombstone:preservation': keeping your beneficial effects after your death
- 'tombstone:unstable_intangibleness': making you invulnerable one full second every 5 seconds
- 'tombstone:feather_fall': slowing your fall and preventing any fall damage
- 'tombstone:purification': clearing any negative effects on you over time
- 'tombstone:true_sight': allows to see in the dark, underwater, in lava, in the fog, and reveals invisible creatures
- 'tombstone:reach': increases the range of the player
- 'tombstone:lightning_resistance': the name is self-explanatory
- 'tombstone:frost_resistance': the name is self-explanatory (also prevents to freeze)
- 'tombstone:bait': bad effect attracting creatures to attack you
- 'tombstone:bone_shield': effect received with the enchantment "Curse of Bones", protecting against melee damages and reflecting a part
- 'tombstone:aquatic_life': adapts you to aquatic environments
- 'tombstone:frostbite': bad effect freezing and hurting over time with frost damages
Some statistics are used in this mod and can be used for objectives in scoreboard (via the vanilla command /scoreboard), they can be viewed from the game menu.
undead_killed, villager_killed, raider_killed, exorcism, zombify, consume_soul, capture_soul, free_soul, pray_on_grave, pray_of_protection, use_disenchantment, use_recycling, use_repairing, use_vanishing, revive_familiar, tomb_raiding, sneak_grave, create_ancient_tablet, kill_undead_boss, steal_effect, trade_grave_guardian, traded_lollipop.
Since version 3.4.0, tombstone includes an api, with source, exposing some features of the mod.
The mod provides multiple compatibilities with others mods. Players' graves are indestructible (even with mods not following their 'indestructible state' in recent versions).
It's possible that some versions will inform you that you use another grave mod to prevent trouble. Since v6.2.5, you have the possibility to let this mod handling the death if you disable the related config in Tombstone.
Corail Tombstone is All Rights Reserved.
Corail Tombstone being a Minecraft contribution, the license obviously doesn't apply to its creator Mojang Studios.