Hey fellow minecrafters! This is the page for my first official mod, AbyssalCraft.
(This page is slightly outdated, working on updating the content on it)
It is recommended to take a look at the config file before you start playing with the mod. Certain parts of the mod are perceived as "too destructive" by some, and there are a plethora of options to tune a lot of that.
Currently all plans on porting past 1.12.2 are on hold, and will remain so for the foreseeable future. At some point in the future there will be ports, but not now.
AbyssalCraft is a mod centered around exploration, but with a growing magic influence. Another thing that has been getting more focus is influences from the works of H.P Lovecraft, adding even more evil to that which is already in the mod.
Enough about that, let's dig into the mod! The first thing you need in order to get started is a Necronomicon, crafted like in the picture below:
Most (if not all) information about things from the mod can be found in the Necronomicon. Apart from being a guide book to the mod, the Necronomicon is also serves as a catalyst for performing rituals.
Going in a bit more on the mod, AbyssalCraft features a collection of dimensions known as The Abyss (the world of the dead, split into several layers, where each layer is a dimension). The dimensions (4 in total, whereas the fourth is a bit of an extension to the third) are:
- The Abyssal Wasteland (quite green, inhabited by various undead beings, among them the vanilla zombies and skeletons, then new mobs added in the mod).
- The Dreadlands (red, a place crawling with nameless mutated beings that may or may not have been a normal creature sometime in the past).
- Omothol (the realm of J'zahar, a dimension consisting of floating islands with a city built upon them, this is where you encounter the final boss).
- The Dark Realm (dark place beneath Omothol, populated by living shadows).
In order to reach the various dimensions, one must obtain Gateway Keys (items capable of placing down portals when used).
Apart from traveling between dimensions, there's also a pitch of magic, in the form of rituals consisting of an altar and pedestals which you place offerings on. There's several different types of rituals, among them rituals where you create items, rituals where you infuse items (turn one item into a different, or simply "upgrade" the item). There's also rituals where you can summon things (the first boss is summoned through such a ritual), and rituals where you can inflict potion effects on nearby entities. If you want to create your own type of ritual, there's an API for that, and if you simply want to add your own creation/infusion ritual, that can either be done through the API, or with MineTweaker (the add-on modAbyssalCraft Integration has MineTweaker compatibility).
In addition to the rituals, there's also a new form of energy used in order to perform the rituals. This energy is called Potential Energy, and can be obtained through a few methods (this is being expanded).
Along with all of this is also a lot of new blocks (among them 5 new types of stone, 15 new ores, 2 new types of trees), new items (among them 4 new materials to make tools and armor from, 8 new armor sets, a bunch of new food items).
Enough about quantities of things, the Overworld has also received new content, including 6 new biomes:
- The Darklands (more "evil" version of a forest/plains blend, purple/indigo grass, contains Darkstone and a new type of tree, Abyssalnite can be found here)
- Darklands Plains (plains version of the Darklands biome, has close to no trees)
- Darklands Forest (forest version of the Darklands biome, has a lot more trees)
- Darklands Highland (extreme hills version of the Darklands biome, more elevated terrain, not that many trees)
- Darklands Mountains (mountains composed of Darkstone)
- Coralium Infested Swamp (a teal/turquoise swamp, has Liquid Antimatter underground, along with the large quantity of Coralium, which is more common here than in ordinary swamps or other water-based biomes)
Since I haven't mentioned the mobs, let me go over a few of them. There's the Depths Ghoul and Abyssal Zombie(both undead, found in Darklands biomes, swamps, or very commonly in the Abyssal Wasteland), evil counterparts of vanilla animals (Pigs, Cows, Chickens), Living Shadows (Shadow Creature/Monster/Beast, each one stronger than the former), and Lesser Shoggoths (if you're familiar with the works of H.P Lovecraft, these are smaller versions of those amorphous horrors). That's all the mobs found in the Overworld, whereas some can be found in the dimensions.
This should cover most of the mod, the rest is up to you to discover (or you could just read about the majority of it in the Necronomicon). It should be noted that this is a Forge Mod, and requires Minecraft Forge to run. Oh yeah, the mod is also open source, and the source code can be found here.
This article in the AbyssalCraft wiki covers the basics of things to do once you've installed the mod. The same information can be found in the Necronomicon (which currently isn't mentioned in the article).
- 6 new types of stone (where all but one can be turned into bricks)
- 5 new types of tools (one simply consisting of a stronger type of stone)
- 8 new types of armor (where half of them are upgraded/altered versions of the 4 base ones)
- 6 new Overworld biomes (among them a swamp, not to mention massive mountains)
- 42 new mobs (among them 4 bosses)
- A smaller breed of Shoggoths (you know, those amorphous shape-shifting abominations mentioned in the Cthulhu mythos)
- Evil animals (ever seen someone being killed by a pig? this mod has that, along with chickens and cows)
- Mobs and animals composed of antimatter (usually a good idea to keep them from colliding with their regular counterparts, because physics)
- 4 new dimensions (each more evil than the previous)
- 15 new ores, among them 3 that generate in the Overworld
- 2 new explosives (one is used a core component for the other)
- Statues representing Great Old Ones
- 17 new food items (among them flesh you probably shouldn't eat, food on plates and MREs)
- 4 new Machines (allowing you to manipulate materials on a atomic level, or simply engrave coins)
- 2 new trees (one found in the Overworld, other found in the second dimension)
- 3 new potion effects (each in some way capable of converting an entity into another, whether it's a plague or simply antimatter)
- 4 new enchantments (allowing you to spread plagues, or simply deal more damage to living shadows, among things)
- A new magic system (using ancient grimoires and rituals)
- A new form of energy (used in conduction with the aforementioned magic system)
- And lastly a book that keeps track on information regarding most of these things (things not directly mentioned are likely not that tied to progression, but a section for misc information is being put together for that)
- There also an API that you can interact with the mod through.
That should conclude all the features so far, I have a lot more I'm gonna add, and I don't mind suggestions
Check out the wiki for more info on the mod features! (it's currently not finished yet)
Current suggestions are:
Redstone devices made from crystallized elements
Dreadium Guns (has different types of ammo that does different things when used)
I have a feeling I've forgotten a suggestion or two somewhere among the replies
If you want to suggest things related to specific aspects of the mod, check the following link for a list of aspects in development that needs feedback (among things):
https://github.com/Shinoow/AbyssalCraft/issues?q=is:open is:issue label:development
Any Github issue tagged with "development" is open for suggestions and input (from both users and other modders)
How you install the mod
- Download the latest (or recommended) forge installer from http://files.minecraftforge.net
- Run the installer
- Start the game once with the forge profile
- Download AbyssalCraft
- Locate the Minecraft folder
- Drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip, for older versions) file in /mods inside the minecraft folder
If you enjoy my work, ever thought about donating? I've spent large amount of time developing this mod, and any donations would be appreciated, if made. If you want to donate, either click the donate button around the top of the page, or click on this picture below, if that suits you better.
People who have donated (through Paypal or Patreon) to support the development of AbyssalCraft will be listed here:
REDISTRIBUTION RULES (IMPORTANT)
Redistributing my mod is only allowed if you do it the right way, which is the following:
1. You are not allowed to make ANY revenue off of my material (use any form of ad mirror, force any form of payment prior to download)
2. You provide a link back to this page (notifying visitors that this is the original source of the mod)
3. You redirect ANY download to this page (or use MY Adf.ly links, which can be found at the download section)
4. You use your own pictures, or the ones found on my threads or on my wiki (in which case you don't watermark them are your own, since they are not yours AT ALL)
5. Credit ME, since I'm the reason this mod even exists.
6. Personally PM me asking if you could post my mod on your website, while providing me with information that shows you're also following the steps above.
If you fail to follow these guidelines, I will take legal actions against you and your website in the near future.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - shinoow, Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation. Read the redistibution rules for more information.
I'm sponsored by Aim2Game, and you can use the following codes for discounts on your own server!
ABYSSAL25 - 25% off for life for new customers
ABYSSAL50 - 50% off first month for new customers
Want my mod in a modpack? Sure, go ahead, but follow these small steps, and you have my approval:
1. On the website where the modpack is, give credits to me and include a link to either this, my Minecraftforums post or my PMC post.
2. (optional) Send me a message or comment here that you made a modpack, and provide a link to it.
Follow those 2 steps, and you have my approval of including my mod in your modpack.
Modpacks where AbyssalCraft is featured:
You can find a list here. If your pack isn't listed, I suggest yelling at me and tossing me a link to said pack.
Things you are not allowed to do regarding modpacks:
2. You are not allowed to make any revenue off of my mod.
I've made a small add-on that gives you head icons for each mob in AbyssalCraft (apart from Depths Ghouls, who already has head blocks). They can be used for quest icons and other things.
You can download it here.
There's an IRC channel for AbyssalCraft over at irc.esper.net #AbyssalCraft (I'm not longer active here as I've moved over to Discord quite a while ago)
Making a resource pack for AbyssalCraft, or adding support? Consider checking this out for things you can customize!
I've set up a discord server for my mods (conveniently named "AbyssalCraft"). Click the image below to join!
That should be it so far, if you have any problems, write the errors in the comments, and as I mentioned before, I would love some suggestions for new content to add to the mod, and I don't mind feedback. Until further notice, there won't be any pictures/videos here, since I kinda failed with setting them up correctly, click here to see the official post.