Mod version 1.3.0 and onward now require DarknessLib!
Hungering Darkness is a mod that aims to provide modpack makes as well as players another hazard to their world, darkness itself! Simply put, being in the dark for too long results in the player receiving damage, until they eventually die, consumed by darkness.
The mod comes with configuration options allowing you to control just about all aspects of it (see the section further down).
This mod provides the following:
- Darkness is now a hazard, as being in a unlit area for too long starts to wear down your health
- A built-in timer that controls when you start to receive damage from the darkness (increases when you're in a dark enough area, then decreases when you're not)
- You can configure how long it takes before your start to take damage, the time between each hit, and how much damage is dealt
- You can configure in which dimension the darkness hurts you
- You can configure in which biome the darkness hurts you
- You can configure which light level is considered dark enough, and also a total darkness light level which speeds up the time before you take damage and doubles the damage dealt.
- You can define dimension-specific configurations for the majority of the config options (so the darkness could deal more damage in one dimension, do it much slower in another, etc)
- It has support for multiple variations of Dynamic Light through DarknessLib
- It has support for Game Stages, allowing you to define stages where the darkness doesn't hurt you, and stages where it does (there are two lists in the config where you assign a priority to a stage, and the stage with the highest priority currently present on the player decides if they are hurt or not)
Here are the configuration options provided in Hungering Darkness:
If you want to support the development of my mods, considering becoming a patron! You can click on the image below to visit my Patreon page.
I'm sponsored by Aim2Game, and you can use the following codes for discounts on your own server!
ABYSSAL25 - 25% off for life for new customers
ABYSSAL50 - 50% off first month for new customers
This mod may be redistributed as part of a modpack, provided proper credit to the author (me, Shinoow) is given, along with a link back to the Curse/CurseForge page for the mod. You are not allowed to redistribute the mod on third party websites (by mirroring the mod or creating a "mod installer"), and legal actions will be taken against websites found violating this.
I've set up a discord server for my mods (conveniently named "AbyssalCraft"). Click the image below to join!