1 Roll The Bones Statistics
This addon tracks all rolls done with Roll The Bones and outputs them into a frame where you can copy the data. You can choose between a text and a JSON output. The addon is mostly used to determine whether there were any undocumented changes to Roll The Bones if you feel like the ability has changed.
See also Troll The Bones for a buff tracking addon for Roll The Bones.
You can move the text box to a location you want by dragging its edges. If you want to unfocus it, just press escape.
2 Statistics History
Due to the latest (alleged) changes to Roll The Bones this addon was created. It keeps track of all important roll statistics. You can see how many times you've rolled and at what percentage you rolled 1, 2, 3 or 6 buffs. All statistics are saved between sessions.
Google Spreadsheet with the newest numbers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/167brsc2UV_DgdBrjruM-VpFVJ6CjwDKEfXIUxPj1DcY/edit?usp=sharing
Patch 7.2.5 brought a couple of changes to our beloved ability. New numbers are soon to follow. A reset is needed for this addon to work properly. Just type /rtbs reset and you're good to go.
To check if any changes were made to RTB in the BFA prepatch, I did another 25k+ rolls. Seems nothing has changed compared to June, 2017: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I0xWNz8NCVUIRC85BjWzJnhuJ5h5kmK_ukBobIdLngc/edit?usp=sharing
The longest streak of not getting 5 buffs at once was 821 this run!
The Shadowlands pre patch gave Roll The Bones a 45 seconds cooldown and changed some other aspects of the buffs. This makes collecting data very slow, but I'm on my way.
Nothing seems to have changed. To get the 5 rolls down to 1 % we need more rolls, but the existing 2125 rolls already took ~20 hours. I won't continue doing more rolls without reasonable suspicion of the probabilities having changed.
Shows or hides the statistics frame.
Either outputs JSON to the output frame or a more readable representation of the data. A basic PHP JSON import can be found here: https://wow.curseforge.com/paste/a0115a8d
/rtbs precision [0-10]
Sets the number of decimal places for the text output.
Resets all statistics as if you just installed the addon.
Prints available commands to the chat.
4 Data Explanation
This is the number of rolls you did while the addon was active. Everytime you Roll The Bones, this number increases by 1.
Single Streak Record
In the addon's background, everytime you consecutively roll only one buff, a number is increased by one. This number is set back to zero if you roll more than one buff. The Single Streak Record is your longest single roll streak.
These are the chances to get a specific buff with your next roll. Every buff should be roughly at the same percentage, i.e. no buff is supposed to be rolled more often than the others.
These numbers are calculated by: IndividualRolls / OverallRolls * 100
Chances For Number Of Buffs
Everytime you roll 1, 2 or 5 buffs, this is saved accordingly. By comparing this to the overall rolls we can get the percentages, e.g.: NumberOfTwoBuffRolls / OverallRolls * 100
Streak Ends At
The percentages to need x rolls to get more than one buff. Let's say you have 6 rolls: 374 (6.71%). This means, that when starting to roll, you have a 6.71% chance to need 6 rolls to get more than one buff and while tracking statistics this event occured 374 times.
These numbers are compared with the total number of streak ends, not with the number of overall rolls. So in the above case its: 6RollStreakEnds / TotalStreakEnds * 100
The first line 1 rolls: 1156 (20.69%) is a special case. It means that you have a 20.69% chance of having a back-to-back roll with more than one buff. This percentage should roughly be equal to your chance of getting two buffs, but since its calculated differently these numbers will not be exactly the same.
If you stumble across any error messages or would like to have a new feature, write a comment here, ingame to Armak-Frostwolf (EU) or via Michi#2174.
6 Changelog History
v9.2.0 build 1 (Mar 4, 2022)
- Updated for patch 9.2.0.
v9.1.0 build 1 (Aug 10, 2021)
- Updated for patch 9.1.0.
v9.0.5 build 1 (May 21, 2021)
- Updated for patch 9.0.5.
- Fixed an issue where the buffs received by 'Count The Odds' sometimes counted as rolled buffs.
v9.0.2 build 1 (Nov 26, 2020)
- Updated for patch 9.0.2.
v9.0.1 build 1 (Oct 14, 2020)
Some quick fixes to achieve compatibility with patch 9.0.1.
v8.3.0 build 1 (Jan 15, 2020)
- Updated for patch 8.3.0.
v8.2.5 build 1 (Sep 26, 2019)
- Updated for patch 8.2.5.
v8.2.0 build 1 (Jun 26, 2019)
- Updated for patch 8.2.0.
v8.1.0 build 1 (Dec 15, 2018)
- Updated for patch 8.1.0.
v8.0.1 build 5 (Nov 05, 2018)
- The JSON output naming was corrected.
- Updated the PHP Paste.
v8.0.1 build 4 (Nov 04, 2018)
- The old spell names Shark Infested Waters and Jolly Roger were updated to their current ones: Ruthless Precision and Skull And Crossbones respectively.
- The text box is a bit smaller now and has colored headings for better readability. You can still drag it around by grabbing its edges.
- /rtbs help was added.
- It should now work with the T21 4p set bonus and the like. If at sometime Blizzard adds random RTB procs which last longer than ten seconds, it could be impossible or tricky to tell them apart from the actual RTB buffs.
- Via /rtbs precision [0-10] you can set the number of decimal places to output.
- The text box should now only show on Outlaw Rogues. It's hidden on other classes and specs. You can make it visible with /rtbs show on other Rogue specs, other classes will only see an informative message, though.
- The addon should not interfere with any other addon anymore (if it ever did).
- Some minor improvements under the hood.
- The project switched to a different release naming. From now on it's always WoW's current version + the build number of RTBS.
v1.1.6 (Jul 19, 2018)
- Changed the data frame's layer. It does not overlap the map and standard frames (like the dungeon browser's) any more.
v1.1.5 (Jul 18, 2018)
- Working again; adapted to the latest WoW API changes.
v1.1.4 (Jul 18, 2018)
- Updated for patch 8.0.1.
v1.1.3 (Aug 30, 2017)
- Updated for patch 7.3.0.
v1.1.2 (Jun 14, 2017)
- Updated for patch 7.2.5.
- Roll detection on German clients should work properly again.
- Do a reset via /rtbs reset!
v1.1.1 (Mar 30, 2017)
- Updated for patch 7.2.
v1.1 (Feb 09, 2017)
- You can now switch between text and JSON output via /rtbs json/text.
v1.0 (Jan 29, 2017)