Rematch is a pet journal alternative for managing pets and teams
- Save and load teams per target.
- Store unlimited teams in up to 32 user-defined tabs.
- Manage and automatically slot leveling pets with the Leveling Queue.
- Find counters with extended pet filters such as Strong Vs and Tough Vs.
- Search for abilities and text within abilities.
- Add notes to teams or pets as reminders or to find later with search.
- Send teams to other Rematch users or share with plain-text exported teams.
- Use integrated with the journal or in a minimizable standalone window.
- And much, much more!
How to use
Rematch initially replaces your default pet journal. You can switch back to the default journal anytime by unchecking the Rematch checkbox at the bottom of the journal.
A minimizable standalone window can be summoned a few ways:
- From a key binding defined in the default key binding interface.
- /rematch macro command.
- "Use Minimap Button" in options will create a minimap button.
- From its LDB button if you have a Broker infobar addon.
Tooltips explain many parts of the addon. Poke around and experiment! Check out the options. There are several views and a lot of features to the addon you can discover over time.
You can save an unlimited number of teams in up to 16 user-defined tabs.
- When saving a team, if you choose a target, Rematch will know what team to load when you interact with that target later.
- Teams that contain a target are named in white. Teams without a target are named in gold.
- In options you can choose to automatically load these team when you interact with their target, or to prompt instead for more control over when their teams load.
- The standard behavior of a team tab is to sort all teams alphabetically. You can rearrange the order of teams by right-clicking its tab and checking "Custom Sort". While checked, right-click teams within the tab to move them around.
- You can add notes to a team from its right-click menu. These notes can be used for strategies, for tagging purposes (search will include these notes) or any other information you want. Notes can be up to 4k in length.
To help make these teams, Rematch has expanded filter options, a TypeBar (opened by clicking the arrow next to the search box) for easily finding counters, and enhanced search ability.
If you open the TypeBar there are three tabs: Types, Strong Vs and Tough Vs:
- Types allows you to quickly filter to a specific type or group of types.
- Strong Vs will filter the list to pets that do increased damage to the chosen types. For instance choosing Magic will list all pets with attacks that are strong against Magic (all pets with Dragonkin attacks).
- Tough Vs will filter the list to pets that receive reduced damage to the chosen types. For instance choosing Magic will list all Mechanical pets.
- You can combine these to find double counters: For instance Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji is a flying pet with all elemental attacks. If you select Strong Vs Flying and Tough Vs Elemental you'll get a list of snails and other critters with magic attacks.
In the search box, you can not only search for the names of pets and their source, you can also search for:
- Abilities ("Call Lightning" will list all pets that have this ability.)
- Text within abilities ("Bleed" will list all pets that cause a target to Bleed or is affected by Bleeding.)
- Level ranges ("level=25" or "level>10" or "level=8-13" will display specific levels or a range of levels.)
- Stat ranges ("health>700" or "speed=250-350" or "power>276" are some examples.)
- Information about pets are found in a pet card that acts like a tooltip.
- Clicking a pet while viewing its card will lock the card in place so you can mouseover parts of the card for more details.
- While viewing a pet card, hold <Alt> to flip the card to its back for its lore and where the pet can be found. You can also mouseover the icons at the top of the card to flip it over.
- Like teams, pets can have notes attached to them from their right-click menu. You can use these notes for anything you want to remember about them, or for tagging purposes: add "#find" in notes for pets you want to find, and then search for "#find" to list all pets with this tag.
Rematch has a robust system for leveling pets with the leveling queue. The queue is a place to put all the pets you want to level.
- You can order the queue however you like, or let the addon sort the queue for you.
- To mark a slot for leveling pets, right-click one of the three loaded slots and choose "Put Leveling Pet Here".
- - When a team is saved with these designated leveling slots, the slots will be filled by the top-most pets from the queue (or the most preferred, see below).
- You can also right-click a pet in the team list and choose "Put Leveling Pet Here" to convert a slot in an already-saved team into a leveing pet.
- When a pet reaches level 25 (gratz!) it will automatically leave the queue and the next leveling pet will take its place.
- In the Queue button menu, you can fill the queue with many pets at once. For instance: in the pet panel, filter pets to High Level (15-24) and Rare, then choose Fill Queue to add level 15-24 rares to the queue.
- For some opponents, just grabbing the top pet from the queue can kill your low level pets, or you want finer control over what pets load for a specific target. If you right-click a team that contains a leveling pet, you can click "Set Preferences" to choose various health and level ranges to refine which pet the queue will pick when a team loads.
Teams can be shared with friends directly in-game or through an export/import feature.
- To share a team in-game with another Rematch user, right-click a team and choose Share->Send Team. A dialog will ask for a name, which can be either an online character or a battle.net friend. If it reports the team was succesfully sent, the recipient now has a popup with your team they can save.
- You can also share teams by exporting them either in Plain Text or as a String from the same Share menu. If you paste this text or string elsewhere, someone else can import your team by copy and pasting it into the Import Teams dialog.
- You can share with yourself too! If you don't regularly backup your SavedVariables and want an easy way to backup your teams, right-click a team tab and Export Tab. It will export the whole tab in string format. Paste this text in an email to yourself or in a text file someplace to keep a backup of your teams.
A major goal with Rematch is to make it behave well regardless of what other battle pet addons you're using.
- If you have one of the addons Battle Pet Breed ID, PetTracker Breeds (included with PetTracker), or LibPetBreedInfo-1.0, Remach will display the breed alongside each pet and a list of possible breeds on the pet card. Other breed-specific features become available too, like filtering and viewing potential stats as a 25 rare.
- If you have the addon Pet Battle Teams enabled, "Import From Pet Battle Teams" is added to the Teams button menu to copy all of your PBT teams to Rematch, repairing them if need be.
- If you choose to continue using PBT alongside Rematch (many do!), make sure you lock your PBT teams or auto save in PBT is disabled. The default behavior of PBT is to change the pets in your currently-selected team to whatever is loaded.
- If you have a Broker infobar addon or TitanPanel, it will create a button on your bars to toggle Rematch.
- If Rematch is hiding an addon you want to access on the default journal, remember to uncheck "Rematch" at the bottom of the journal. You can turn Rematch back on whenever you want, or use the standalone Rematch window and leave the default journal and other addons alone.
A big thanks to the following for translating Rematch! Thanks guys!
- German (deDE) thanks to Aranesh of Lothar-EU from wow-petguide.com.
- Chinese(zhTW) thanks to gaspy10 from curse.com.
- Korean (koKR) thanks to IrisNib from curse.com.
There's a great deal more to Rematch. Play around with it and experiment. See if you can create new team combos that have never been tried before. Thanks for using it!
If you have any suggestions, feedback, bugs to report or anything else you'd like to share, feel free to leave a comment here.
Is there an option when using random pets to tell it NOT to use a pet already assigned within that group?
When doing pet battles dungeons i have some slot assigned to a random pet and i have experienced when progressing that a pet i need, have been used earlier and because of this, is dead
n reply to stumblefoot:
It slotted a dead pet? It shouldn't do that. To be chosen for a random pet it needs to:
1. Be a pet you own
2. Be a pet that can battle
3. Be a pet that's not dead
4. Not be an Elekk Plushie
5. Be a summonable pet
6. Not be one of the slotted pets
I can see an edge case where loading a team (that's not already loaded) may choose a pet from another slot that's not saved in the team. But if it's dead it shouldn't be picked at all.
If the "assigned within a group" and "have been used earlier" means the random pet chosen was saved in another team, that can happen in one of three scenarios:
1. If you have "Allow Random Pets From Teams" checked in options (under Team Options)
2. All three pets in the team are saved as random.
3. The available pool of high level pets is low. An injured (not dead) level 25 rare will be picked over a full-health level 24 uncommon.
Anytime you don't like the random pet it chose, click the team name above the loaded slots (the whole skinny panel there is a button) and it will reload the team, picking new random pets.
In reply to gello3:
I was in a pet dungeon where i have gotten the strat from XuFu website for that dungeon all added to the same group
One of the first encounters the team had some random pets loaded, i didn't pay attention and it used a pet ment for a later encounter. The pet was killed in this early battle meaning it wasn't available for the latter
I just noticed that option you refer to and its set to off so not sure why it picked and killed my pet in an earlier battle, weird
I'll see if i can recreate the issue next time i'm in the dungeon and get back to you if i figure something out :)
Thank you for an excellent addon and the quick response :)
In reply to stumblefoot:
Looking again at the code, I can see that pets in teams could maybe be chosen more often than I thought. There's a weighted system for what pet to pick that goes level > rarity > not in another team > uninjured.
My main concern with completely blocking out pets in other teams (the way it does for dead pets) is that may restrict the available pool of high level pets too harshly when you only care about pets from the current dungeon you're in. No promises but I'll look at blocking pets in teams for the tab the current team is in, and then use the weighted system for pets in teams in other tabs. Right now there's a limited number of team tabs but a more long-term solution for unimited groups of teams is coming so I'd expect each dungeon to have its own group. We'll see.
I don't know if it's a Rematch or a PetBattleScript issue - but I'm finding that for all all of the new pet battles added since 10.0.7 - the AutoBattle function doesn't activate in Rematch - it behaves as if no script is loaded.
It does still work for the pet battles I already had loaded, but I have tried multiple strategies/script combinations and none are loading - they show as saved in Rematch is I reopen the script window.
In reply to Felinae_OCE:
I don't use PetBattleScripts (which I assume AutoBattle is from), so I'm not sure what the problem could be sorry. Hopefully someone else here can help.
i want re-translate fr_FR because, missing translations and need re-write many syntaxe
how to contact you ?
In reply to Tulsow:
Hi thanks for translating. I'll PM you my email address. I'll warn that in a few months I expect an entire rewrite of this addon to go into beta which will invalidate a ton of the old strings, so I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it yet, but I'll definitely keep you in the loop as that approaches.
Thanks for the great work @gello3 !
Is there any way to get the "quit on no upgrades" prompt to only show up for pet battles in the wild?
It is not really needed for instances or dailies
Thanks and keep up the good work!
In reply to pookshuman:
I could be wrong but I believe that's from PetTracker (PetTracker Battle likely)
In reply to gello3:
sorry, my bad ... there are so many pet addons
I used to do this thing and I can't remember how I did it.
When I would battle pet wild pets, I saved something in the target. I can't remember if it was a random NPC or a random wild pet. I saved 3 or 4 different teams, [Beast/Mechanical, Leveling 20 or higher], [Aquatic/Beats, Leveling 20 or higher], [Flying/Beast, Leveling 20 or higher]. Then when I found a pet I could click something and see the list of teams and decide if which I wanted to use. Or click Load with the same team and it would swap out to another set of the same type of pets (so I didn't have to heal them I could just swap them out).
I can't seem to remember how to get the list for multiple teams with the same target bc I can't remember how I did the targeting (not a tamer but something else) and I can't remember how to "load" I thought I had a macro button or something.
This made wild pet battling interesting and I used pets I never would have normally seen.
Question 1 - Is there a way to make the "load" and macro?
Question 2 - Is there a way to make a Wild Pet a Target so it's basically whenever you target anything that is not a designated target?
In reply to Nickyjean01:
I'm not sure I follow entirely, but it sounds like you were using random pet slots. Right-click one of the three loaded slots and Place Random Pet Here. You can choose a pet type or any type.
The level 20 or higher implies you had leveling preferences enabled. If a team is saved with a leveling slot, right-click it and choose Leveling Preferences.
Question 1 - /rematch team name
If you use the minimap button you can also favorite the team and right-click the minimap button to load a favorite team.
In all views of the addon (from minimized to 3-panel journal), you can also click the team name above the slotted pets to reload a team. With teams with random pets I will commonly click that to reload if I don't like the random pet I got.
Question 2 - If I understand the question right, you can save a team with a wild pet target just like you would any notable target. So I'm maybe misunderstanding the question.
Is there any way to reorder your Team tabs?
In reply to drefanblack:
Right-click any but the top-most tab and near the bottom of the menu is Move Up and Move Down options.
The top-most tab is a "system" tab that cannot be moved.
when I enble the plugins, I cant move the frame.
In reply to 快遞公司:
I'm not sure what you mean, sorry.
If by plugin you mean the Rematch addon itself, do you mean the journal can't move or the standalone window can't move?
If by plugin you mean another addon that works with Rematch, I've not written any in years and my ability to support those is limited.
In reply to gello3:
I ticked the checkbox that under the journal, then I can't move the journal.
In reply to 快遞公司:
If you have another addon that makes the journal move (drag around the screen), it's unlikely to work with Rematch. When Rematch takes over the journal, mouse events don't go "through" it to the default underneath
There is a standalone version that moves you can summon by /rematch (or minimap button or keybind); but I understand the need to have three panels up at the same time. I'm working on that.
Is it possible to export all tabs at once for a friend that just lost all settings, and wants my >15 tabs?