This mod adds ducks and geese to minecraft. It works on both fabric and forge since it is powered by geckolib and architectury.
If you encounter any bugs, please report them on the github issue tracker linked in this project.
This is the forge version of the mod. The fabric version can be found at here.
You will need to install geckolib for this mod to work.
- Can be bred with seeds.
- They lay eggs and drop feathers similar to chickens.
- Unlike chickens, they also like to swim in the water, groom themselves and dip their head into the water.
- Also, they dance when there is a music disc playing nearby!
- You can craft a duck sack and use it to transport ducks similar to how you can bucket fish.
- They can be bred with all kinds of seeds similar to ducks.
- But they love kelp and seagrass even more, which you can use to tame them.
- Similar to dogs they will try to attack with you and defend you from attacking monsters.
- Once tamed you can sit them down and give them weapons.
Geese know how to defend themselves. Once attacked they will remember and fight you in groups.
- They will forgive you though when you give them food by right-clicking or throwing it to them.
- They will scare away illagers similar to how cats scare away creepers.
Occasionally, they will try to steal the item in your hand.
- They will happily exchange that for food though, so you don't have to kill them.
- Item dropped from geese.
- Can be used to brew a potion of intimidation that scares illagers away(this only works in survival mode!).
At the moment there are some issues with duck and goose animations not playing when using shaders with the iris mod. It seems to be an issue with geckolib which might get fixed in the future.
Where do the ducks and geese spawn?
They spawn in every biome but require a grass block to be present. This is so they also spawn in modded biomes and similar to how vanilla animals spawn.
How can I configure the spawn rates?
Forge: For forge the spawn rates are world/server specific and the configuration file is stored in
In there you can adjust the spawn weight for each mob which basically makes them spawn more often the higher the value is.
Fabric: The configuration file in fabric is stored in
There are no comments in this file, but you can adjust the number behind
goose_spawn_weight to adjust how often they should spawn.
Alternatively, if you have the ModMenu installed you can use the configuration ui to change these values.
Will you backport to 1.12, 1.16?
No, only the most recent minecraft versions will receive updates.
Will you port to 1.19?
Yes! But I want to wait until Mojang considers it done and released 1.19.1 or 1.19.2.
- Duck Model, Texture and Animations by ArtistMonster24
- Duck Sounds by Sidearm Studios from the Ultimate Animal Sounds pack
- Duckling Sounds by basedMedia: Chirp1, Chirp2
- 1.17 Port by quiqueck, many thanks!
any chance 1.19.3 version is coming? Am obsessed with these ducks!!!
i adore this mod, but id love it even more if there were more colours of geese- i had a pet domestic goose named loosey (RIP), she was an american lavender, which is really more of a neutral grey/beige colour, and i'd love to have her immortalized in the game <3
I can not find the config file for this mod0.3.0, where is the config file?
This is my favorite wildlife mod! Any plans to add more water fowl and/or biome variants?
Ok so I wanted to change the spawn rates, but the config file that you write about is not there, it was not generated.
I play on Forge on 1.16.5, does this has to do with sth?
In reply to BadEnough_:
Me too! I play on 1.19.2, same Forge
Yo can I put this in my modpack and server?
Any cute white Ducks?
it says it requires geeckolib 3.0.28 or above but theres no version of 3.0.28 or above?
In reply to jackowacko214141414:
Here is a link to that version: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/geckolib/files/3856641
You basically have to click on Files on the geckolib project to find the curse version.
Wish the ducks would eat from a farming for blockheads feeding trough. Idk if that's a thing in the 1.18 version, I'm still on 1.16.
I personally love Loons. I would give anything (but money cause I’m broke) to see them in the game. Ducks and Geese in Minecraft, never thought about it but I now need them! But I play 1.19 tbh, so I’ll have to survive off of Duckling, but they don’t have geese AND I AM HAVING VERY CONFLICTING EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW
Love this mod. (:
In reply to snommersnommers:
Thanks! I am gonna update soonish to 1.19.
Problem is that mojang is still doing updates and forge also did some big changes recently so I wanna wait until things got a bit more stable.
In reply to Okabintaro:
Thank you for not giving up on this mod! I've been waiting and you took so long I thought you gave up on the mod. Better late than never haha. Hope you add my suggestion (The one related to goose health made by DocGooseYT, made a new acc) very soon, take your time!
In reply to loxigoose:
Hey, thanks for the kind words. I buffed the goose health to 20 when tamed in the latest update(still in review atm).
In reply to Okabintaro:
Alright, thank you a lot!
thanks for the update <3 unironically was one of my most awaited mods, the ducks on this are too cute :D