Tetra revolves around modular items and attemps to blend it together with other concepts such as adventure and technology.
Note: Tetra for 1.14+ uses the mGui library, if you're not using the curse client you'll have to install that manually.
- 1. Craft a mallet using two sticks and two planks
2. Craft and place a vanilla crafting table
3. Right click the table with the mallet to upgrade it into a workbench
4. Craft a vanilla weapon, tool shield or a bow and place it in the workbench
- Check the advancements window to learn how to progress further
Tetra allows you to replace parts of items with different parts of different types and materials, some parts can also be improved. Which parts you may use is limited by the items capacity, called integrity. Some parts increase an items integrity while some parts has an integrity cost. Some parts require tools of differing quality to craft.
Currently the following modular items are available:
- double headed implements (axes, pickaxes, hammers etc)
- single headed implements (shovels, tridents, spears etc)
- crossbows (WIP)
Most content in tetra can be configured, go here for more information: https://github.com/mickelus/tetra/wiki/Configuration
Tetra supports usage of a few materials added by other mods, since tetra uses item tags (or the ore dictionary before 1.14) it's difficult to say exactly which mods are supported. Enchantments from several mods are also supported from 1.14 and forward.
The following non-vanilla materials are supported in 1.16:
Any mod that adds one of those and tags them correctly would make them available for use in tetra. In 1.12 tetra also supports some materials from thaumcraft and twilight forest.
I've set up a discord server to talk about tetra: https://discord.gg/MyjK4Fx, jump on if you have questions, need some help, want talk about datapacks or to get sneak-peeks at upcoming features.
Support and Contributions
I develop and maintain tetra in my spare time, if you enjoy what you've seen so far and want to help me make it better please consider supporting me on patreon.
I've got some stuff that I could use some help with. If you're good with pixel art or would like to help out with some programming, please poke me on discord!
Vallen has a nice bit-by-bit series on tetra available on youtube, check it out!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the ancient ruins spawn in biomes from Biomes O' Plenty?
- How do I get a tier [5, 6, 7] hammer?
You need to find a structure that generates in the world, check your advancements.
- I found a forge hammer but it doesn't have the button on the side?
Forge hammers changed in 1.16, you need to find two hammer upgrades (of any kind) and two fueled thermal cells and plug all of those into the hammer. Check the advancements for more info.
- How do I get a tier 2 cutting implement?
Shortblades typically provider tier 2 cutting.
- Will new features be added to the 1.12 version?
I work on tetra in my spare time and currently I don't have time to both support 1.12 and to work on new things. You can help me find the time by supporting me on patreon.