Charmonium is a mod for Minecraft 1.14 that adds Ambient biome sound effects, Underground sound effects and additional background music. It's designed to place nicely with Vanilla+ mods, especially Charm, Strange and Quark.
- Biome-specific environment sounds for both day and night to add extra depth to the otherwise uncomfortably silent world.
- Cave sounds increase in intensity as you mine deeper, but fade as you light up the surrounding area.
- Mineshafts have wooden creaking sounds.
- Quark's Crystal Caves (if enabled) have reverberating glass sounds.
- Villages have some general activity sounds during the day.
- Ambient sound volume can be controlled using the "Ambient Sounds" slider in Minecraft's options.
Four additional background tracks have been added to the game:
- "There" (þarna) - random Overworld track.
- "Beneath" (Undir) - random Nether track (when lower than level 48).
- "Mouse" (Mús) - random Icy Biome track.
- "Stone" (Steinn) - random Overworld track (when underground).
If the Dynamic Surrounds Environs mod is present, the biome-specific environment sounds and village sounds will be disabled. You can force them to be enabled in the Charmonium configuration. The "feature" sounds effects such as crystal caves and mineshafts will still be active if Environs is present - this is also configurable.