WeakAuras is a powerful and flexible framework that allows you to display highly customizable graphics on your screen to indicate buffs, debuffs, and a whole host of similar types of information. It was originally meant to be a lightweight replacement for Power Auras, but it now incorporates many features that Power Auras does not, while still remaining more efficient and easy to use.
- An intuitive and powerful configuration interface
- Custom textures including all textures from Power Auras and the new Cataclysm spell alerts
- Progress bars and textures that show the exact duration of auras
- Displays based on auras, health, power (mana, rage, soul shards, holy power, etc.), cooldowns, combat events, runes, totems, items, and many other triggers
- Preset and user-defined animations
- Custom side-effects such as chat announcements or sounds
- Grouping, which allows multiple displays to be positioned and configured at the same time
- CPU optimizations such as conditional loading/unloading of displays, modularity, and prevention of full aura scanning
- Powerful customization options, such as animation paths, on-show/on-hide code, and custom triggers, for Lua-savvy users
To open the options window, type
/weakauras into your chat and hit enter or use the LDB feed.
Extending WeakAuras 2
- WeakAuras_StopMotion: This addon adds a new region type to WeakAuras that allows for stop motion animations. Stop Motion textures contain each frame of the animation as a separate image. The addon ships with a number of animations and it supports custom textures.
- SharedMedia for more bar textures.
- SharedMediaAdditionalFonts for more fonts.
- ColorPickerPlus for a better version of the WoW color picker that includes class color templates and a copy and paste function.
For in-depth documentation, see the wiki page.
For some examples of what WeakAuras can do, take a look at wago.io where tons of people upload their creations and even feature complete interfaces utilizing WeakAuras!
- Please see the wiki page.
- If you've discovered something that's clearly wrong, or if you get an error, post a ticket.
- If you have a general comment or concern, feel free to comment on the main page!
- You're a programmer yourself and want to contribute? We accept pull requests on GitHub!
- Feel free to join our Discord Community at https://discord.gg/wa2 to talk and discuss everything WeakAuras!
You can donate to the WeakAuras project maintainers using PayPal: