Some basic DBM setup/advanced features guides
Old Content mods are split into multiple packages
Older content is split into multiple addons to reduce mod update size. These are often far less updated as DBM Core packages and are better as optional extra packages. You can get them here:
- Legion Boss Mods
- Warlords of Draenor Boss Mods
- Mists of Pandaria Boss Mods
- Cataclysm Boss Mods
- Wrath of the Lich King Boss Mods
- Burning Crusade and Vanilla Boss Mods
- Voicepack VEM (English TTS Female)
- Voicepack Kiwi (English Recorded Female)
- Voicepack Yike (Chinese TTS Female)
- Voicepack German (German Male)
- Voicepack Mununyu (Korean Recorded Female)
- Voicepack Alyona (Russian TTS Female)
- Voicepack Italian (Italian TTS Female)
- Voicepack Spanish (Spain)
- Voicepack Arnold Schwarzenegger (English Recorded/Spliced)
- Voicepack Draik (English Recorded/Spliced)
Getting too many updates of DBM per day?
We push multiple alpha versions to Curse on an average day, these versions may contain important new features or bug fixes for the bleeding edge raid content... These versions are tagged as alpha, so they will not be downloaded by default. Set your Curse client to update to alpha if you want these latest versions (but they may contain bugs, downloads tagged as "Beta" or "Release" are more stable)
Disable alpha versions in your Curse client if you do not want multiple updates per day. Make sure you check main download preference as well as DBM's individual download preference. You could have primary method set to release and dbm still set to alpha. Right click on DBM itself in curse client addon list and set it to release/beta to avoid the daily updates.
- Boss mods for all raid bosses
- Colored raid warnings (players will be colored according to their class) with icons - so you will know what's going on without even reading the message
- Auto-respond during boss fights. DBM will inform anyone who whispers you during a boss fight that you are busy. These messages contain the name and health of the boss as well as the raid's status. This feature is completely optional and can be disabled by player or even raid leader for the entire group.
- Bars can be enlarged with decent effects when they are about to expire
- Crash recovery: you had a disconnect or crash during a boss fight? No problem for DBM! It will request the timer and combat status information from other DBM users in your raid group and you get your timers back
- Infoframes that is used to show fight overviews or specific mechanics related to fight to help give you need to know information at a quick glance.
- Modular design - all boss mods are plugins and can be exchanged, removed or updated separately
- Load on demand - all boss mods are separate AddOns and they will be loaded when they are needed. So they don't use memory or cpu until you enter the corresponding instance
- Special effects like the screen flash effect, huge warning messages and sounds will draw your attention to critical events
- Bars that use colors and icons to show what type of ability is coming and what role it's for at a glance.
- There are many bar designs to choose from, all designs are are customizable: you can change the color, size, icon position etc.
- Support for SharedMedia, so you can use any texture for your bars and choose sounds from external sources more easily.
- Option to create custom timers, so-called "Pizza Timers" for your pizza or whatever you prefer to eat while raiding. You can also send those timers to your raid group
- HudMap built in to achieve greater visuals with heads up display in many different and creative ways
- Support for voice packs in many different supported languages.
- /dbm - shows/hides the GUI
- /dbm help - Shows all the other slash commands and how to use them.