Node gathering helper pointing you to best nearby gathering spots.
This addon is inspired by Bloodhound. Like Boodhound it provides a dynamically calculated direction to lead you to the best nearby gathering nodes you are currently tracking to help you with farming.
Each gathering node exerts a pull and the resulting force of all the nodes determines the direction. The pull of a node is determined by its distance and the time since last visit. Closer nodes pull stronger and so do older ones.
The addon uses an external data source. At the moment GatherMate2 and Gatherer are supported. You will need to have one of these addons active in order for Magneto to work.
Magneto provides several output modules (outlets) to visualize the calculated force. Currently a magnet icon pointing the direction can be shown on the minimap, world map and battlefield minimap. Also TomTom's CrazyArrow is supported and a DataBroker outlet.
You can widely configure Magneto like what types of nodes to track, in which zones to activate, when to pause operation and more. Check the detailed list below in the Options-section.
- Points you in the optimal direction for node gathering when tracking of a collection resource is active.
- Provides a 1 to 5 star rating for the proposed direction. Few nodes, big distances, short time since last visit result in low rating.
- Supports mining, herbalism, fishing and logging.
- Configurable data source. At the moment GatherMate2 or Gatherer.
- Various output modules: Minimap, TomTom CrazyArrow, DataBroker plugin, WorldMap, BattlefieldMap, MinimapButton
- Various options to filter tracked nodes based on zone, expansion, blacklists etc.
- So far 2 algorithms to calculate the direction: Bloodhound and Arc (default)
- Bloodhound algorithm works similar to the addon of the same name.
- Arc algorithm addresses some shortfalls of Bloodhound and generally produces better results.
- HUD support (via LibHijackMinimap-1.0 for minimap replacements)
Magneto offers support for HUDs which replace the minimap via LibHijackMinimap-1.0.
By now FarmHUD has added support.
- Requires GatherMate2 or Gatherer as database for node locations.
- TomTom outlet requires TomTom addon to work.
Copy the Magneto folder to your Interface\AddOns directory.
/magneto arg With arg: on - activate operation off - deactivate operation toggle - toggle operation menu - display options menu version - display the version information help - display this help
- Click on addons broker entry or minimap button for interaction (or use slash commands listed above)
- Right-click - Open options menu.
- Left-click - Activate/deactivate operation.
- Setup settings in options menu. See section "Options".
- Note: For Minimap outlet if you are using MinimapButtonFrame addon add "Magneto_Minimap_" as exception in category "Protected Items" so the pointer on the minimap is not collected.
- colored icon - indicates operation is active
- grey icon - indicates operation is inactive
- State - one of the letters D, I, P, T
- D - deactivated (gray): user deactivated operation
- I - idle (white): no tracking is active
- P - paused (yellow): some condition causes the addon to pause operation (for example when in combat or dead, see Options section)
- T - tracking (green): operation is active
- MHFL - the supported gathering skills (mining, herbalism, fishing, logging), gray if not known, green if tracking is active, red if not
- Shows activity state, data source, operation state and info how many of the known nodes have been visited so far.
- Shows detail info for every known gathering profession: tracking state, skill level and node types in current zone.
- Activity state and tracking states can be switched by clicking on the respective enabled/diabled field.
- Node types can be blacklisted or activated for tracking by clicking on enable/disable field of the node.
- Monitoring active - Activate/deactivate the monitoring.
- Minimap Button - Show/hide Minimap Button
- Hide Hint - Hide usage hint in tooltip
- General - Setup general options.
- Data Source - Select data source for addon.
- Visiting Distance - Within this distance nodes are considered visited.
- Min. Visiting Age - Before this duration since last visit the node is ignored in the calculation.
- Max. Visiting Age - After this duration since last visit the node is considered fresh again.
- Smoothness - Smoothing out jerky direction changes. Time it takes for the force to invert direction.
- Pause When Resting - Pause operation while resting.
- Pause In Combat - Pause operation while in combat.
- Calculation - Manage modules for force calculation.
- Algorithm - Select algorithm for calculation of Magneto force and direction.
- Every algorithm provides it's own set of options. The default settings are known to be working well.
- Display - Manage display outlets.
- Every outlet can be activated/deactivated. If grayed out the outlet is not ready for operation. For example if an addon required for the outlet is not available.
- Nodes - Select nodes to include.
- Zone Specific - Include node types from the current zone only. When using multi-zone option only node types that are present in the current zone will be considered in neighboring zones.
- Checkboxes for all expansions - Track nodes of expansion.
- Full node type list for every profession where every type can be included in the tracking or not.
- Zones - Select zones for operation.
- Level - Include zones based on level range.
- Multi-Zone - Include data from neighbouring zones.
- Hostile - Tracking while in zones of opposite faction.
- Contested - Tracking while in contested zone.
- Sanctuary - Tracking while in sanctuaries.
- City - Tracking while in major cities.
- PVP - Tracking while in pvp zones.
- CPU - Manage settings to reduce cpu load.
- Max. CPU Load - Maximum cpu load the addon is allowed to produce.
- Min. Update Period - Lower time limit for data updates.