This addon lets you input guild names and when a member of one of those guilds appears, you are alerted in chat.
- Use /guildgrudge or the interfaces button to open the addon window
- Add in guilds by name, optional note can be included.
- When members of that guild appear nearby, you will be told in chat their guild, name, and class
- Additional options for auto-rivaling any member of that guild, reporting to /party chat, and playing a sound.
- 1.1: One minute timer for alerts about the same person.
- 1.2: Target an enemy player and the next time you go to add a guild to your list, their guild name will be auto-filled in the name box.
If a player goes in and out of range repeatedly, the chat reports can become spammy, as well as with stalkers going in and out of stealth. I have a planned timer to fix that, but it is not in yet.Now on a 1 minute timer.
- Let me know here if there are any other issues
Potential future additions:
- Distance/direction indicator is not going to happen. I tried it, and the UnitCreated event parameter usually says an enemy player is at position (0,0) so I won't be able to get reliable information for this. If anyone has any workarounds, let me know.
- Detecting if a guild input is an actually existing guild or not. Currently when you add a guild to the list, it just accepts it. I have not found a way to check if the guild name exists or not.
- When in your capitol city, any enemy player will trigger an alert, regardless of guild.
- During development, a guildie mentioned that any guild that is "_____ Gaming" is probably all assholes anyway, so maybe I'll put an option to handle any guild of that pattern. Probably not though, I just thought it was funny.
Thanks for checking out my addon, I'm Blazz on Warbringer.