Uploaded by KnightMiner
Uploaded Dec 27, 2022
Game Version 1.18.2 +4
Size 14.43 MB
Supported Modloader Versions
Supported Environment Versions
Supported Java Versions
Supported Minecraft 1.18 Versions
- Crossbows are the small variant, designed for high speed arrow launching and fireworks
- Longbows are the large variant, designed for high damage projectiles
- There are not modifiable arrows. You can use vanilla arrows, or arrows from other mods such as Archer's Paradox.
Bow materials are a distinct set of materials from melee/harvest materials. This means while there are many common materials, there are some unique bow materials and some unique melee/harvest materials.
- Notably, there are no stone or osmium (compat) bows, while bows uniquely have access to bamboo and aluminum (compat)
- In total, we have 18 bow materials, plus 5 bowstrings so far. Additional materials are planned.
- We also have 12 compat bow materials which are enabled if a mod adds the relevant materal
- Bow limbs affect bow durability, accuracy, drawspeed, and arrow velocity (which in turn affects damage)
- Bow grips affect bow durability, melee attack damage, and accuracy
- Bow limbs, grips, and bowstrings all add traits designed with ranged weapons in mind
- Support all existing modifiers related to durability
- Most right click interaction modifiers work on bows, but are activated on left click instead
- Experienced and looting are both available, affecting monsters killed by arrows fired from this bow
- Diamond boosts bow projectile damage, longbows can receive power to further boost projectile damage
- Netherite boosts arrow velocity
- Emerald boosts bow accuracy. Trueshot and blindshot increase or decrease accuracy further
- All bows can receive fiery (flame), punch, freezing, piercing (not vanilla), impaling (piercing in vanilla), and necrotic to boost arrows
- Bows can also receive multishot, crystalshot (infinity), and quivers
- Crossbows can receive quickcharge to boost drawspeed and receive sinistral to allow better crossbow dual wielding
- Longbows can receive scope to zoom in on the target
- Instead of lustrous (platinum) boosting mining speed of ores (which overlapped a lot with blasting or melting), it now causes ores to drop bonus nuggets
- Zoom is now an upgrade, and can be applied to any tool that supports right click interaction to make it act like a spyglass
- Soulbound now will keep armor and the offhand items in the same slot upon respawn
- Fix deletion bug with shift clicking items into pockets or other inventory modifiers
- Chestplates can now receive melee modifiers to boost left click attack without needing to apply unarmed. This means it only costs upgrade slots to have good left click damage
- If you wish to punch with the offhand, you now apply the ambidextrous modifier, any tools that had unarmed applied before this update will automatically receive ambidextrous in its place
- Smeltery detection logic has been improved to better work with future multiblocks. This shouldn't cause any broken smelteries, but may change the block marked as "invalid" during building
- Pewter now is alloyed from tin +lead if tin is available, for compatibility with Alomancy. If no tin is available, it will continue to use iron + lead.
- Allow casting potions and tipped arrows.
- Fix stack size 1 slimy bottles not returning their bottles when drunk.
Books & Language
- Guidebooks have all been updated with information on crossbows and longbows
- Big thanks as usual to Shiny for helping keep the books up to date
- Fix various typos and inaccuracies from older content
- Update Japanese Translation (thanks TwelveYO21)
- Update Chinese Translation (thanks Cactusstudent and ChuijkYahus)
- Add a new translation key for the format of a tool name, to allow languages to change the separator or switch the order of the words if desired
- Tools in JEI now show variants for binding only materials
- Fix tools in modifier recipes not showing the focused tool (showing all valid tools instead)
- Fix usage on a slimeskull not showing valid modifiers
- Slimy ferns and saplings can now be placed in flower pots
- Fix free sponge when removing modifiers using venom
- Fix occasional loss of sponge when using wet sponge to remove modifiers
- Fix AOE block breaking not spawning particles for all the blocks
- Fix item deletion when using a bundle to take items out of the crafting station
- Fix various crashes and otherwise unwelcome behavior when opening our UIs in spectator mode. Please let us know if any blocks do not work as expected.
- Fix modifier log missing texture config being ignored.
API & Internal
Rework modifier priority
- Modifiers with the same priority now fallback to the order they were added.
- As a result of this change, tools that have internal modifiers like tilling now use the craftable one instead as the new modifier overrides it
- Many internal modifiers will also show in the tooltip now instead of being hidden
- You can use the modifier worktable to resort modifiers to choose which modifiers act
- Some modifier priorities may need to be adjusted as part of this change for those that should have consistent behavior
- Firestarter modifier now exposes the
light_firetool action. If you make a mod that adds extra behavior to flint and steel, check for that tool action for tinkers compatability. If you do not know how tool actions work, ask on our discord.
- Added block transform modifier hook for addons wishing to add modifiers that run post block transform
- New mergable system for modifier functions
registerHooksto implement the hooks on a modifier
- In the future, will make it easier to write JSON modifiers as we migrate existing hooks
- Currently, all hooks using the old system have been migrated, as well as various new methods
- Pay attention to deprecations on methods to keep track of what has been migrated
- Implement hook fired post block transform (thanks Pyre540)
Stat type fallbacks
- Trait JSON now supports two custom internal types,
tconstruct:rangedwhich act as a fallback for any stat types in that group.
- If a stat is missing a specific trait set, it will try the fallback before the default traits.
- Addons can register their own fallbacks for custom stat types they add
Left click modifiers
- Bows and longbows support running modifiers on left click
- Any interactions that require holding down right click cannot be used on left click, but most other modifiers can be implemented
- You likely will want to migrate any existing interaction modifiers to the new hooks to get support
- Deprecated one handed and two handed, that system while nice in theory ended up being too cumbersome
- Added interactable left, interactable right, and interactable armor for the three types of tools that can run interaction hooks. The hooks also now pass a parameter for the type. By default, anything using the deprecated one handed or two handed tags are added to interactable right
- Added ranged tags for bows, longbows, and crossbows