For improved compatibility with third-party APIs and libraries (REI, EMI,TR Energy), check out Connector Extras
🛠️ Beta state notice
Connector is currently in beta state, and many mods may not work as expected, or might be broken completely.
Please refer to our Mod Compatibility Thread and Issue Tracker for ongoing compatibility issues.
When reporting bugs, please make sure you are using the latest release of Connector and Forgified Fabric API, as well as Forge 47.1.3 on Minecraft 1.20.1
Sinytra Connector is a compatibility layer that allows running Fabric mods on MinecraftForge. Its goal is to bring the two platforms closer together, saving developers time and effort maintaining their mods for multiple platforms at once, as well as allowing players to play all their favourite mods in one modpack.
To install Connector and its dependencies, follow the same installation steps as you would for any other mods.
- If you haven't already, install MinecraftForge. We recommend using version 47.1.3 on Minecraft 1.20.1.
- Download the latest release of Connector and drop the jar in your mods folder.
- Following that, you'll want to download the Forgified Fabric API. It is meant to be a direct replacement for the Fabric API and is not compatible with it. We'll try our best to avoid loading the Fabric API if it's installed automatically (e.g. by your modpack manager), but if you have the option to do so, don't install it.
- Now that you have all dependencies installed, grab your favourite Fabric mods and just drop them in the mods folder like you would with any Forge mods. Connector will handle loading them for you with no additional steps required.
🔍 Get help
If you're having trouble running a mod on Connector, ask us on discord or open our Mod Compatibility Thread and check if it lists your mod as incompatible. If it's not listed, please open a new issue in Connector's repository on GitHub.
Here are a few tips to follow when reporting issues:
1. Make sure you are using latest available version of Connector. Look for existing issues that might've already been answered / fixed. Think about whether the issue is caused by Connector itself and not another mod you've installed. To test this, try reproducing the same issue on Fabric.
2. Navigate to the issues tab and open a new issue. Select one of the available templates depending on the topic. Fill in the required fields. In order to increase our chances of identifying and reproducing the issue, please make sure to include as many details as possible.
3. Once you're done describing the problem, submit the issue. We'll get to you as soon as we can.
Please note that providing as many details as possible is crucial to help us find and resolve the issue faster, while also getting you a fixed version ASAP.
Sinytra Connector is, and will always remain, licensed under the MIT license. All files in this repository should be treated as such unless otherwise explicitly stated.