This is an add-on to the Origins mod for Fabric.
Forge Port here (made by LimonBlaze): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/origins-classes-forge
In addition to choosing an origin, you now also choose a class. Classes provide smaller benefits than origins, but they come without drawbacks.
Note: I updated to support the new Origins version, but it requires 0.4.1 or higher (0.4.0 will not work!)
These are the available classes:
- Archer: your projectiles are more accurate; you are slowed less when using a bow
- Beastmaster: animals you tame gain permanent extra hearts and damage; when you drink a potion the effects also apply to nearby tamed animals
- Blacksmith: tools and armor crafted by you provide small benefits; you can repair tools and armor more efficiently, both in an anvil and via crafting
- Cleric: you can double the duration of potions; you are better at enchanting
- Cook: food you craft provides more nourishment; you gain extra XP from cooking food in a smoker
- Explorer: you start the game with 9 empty maps, a compass and a clock; you don't exhaust from sprinting
- Farmer: bone meal is twice as effective when used by you; crops sometimes yield twice the loot when you harvest them
- Lumberjack: crafting planks from logs gives you two extra planks; you cut down whole trees at once when you use an axe
- Merchant: when you trade with villagers, their trades aren't used up; wandering traders give you special offers
- Miner: you break all stone blocks faster; you don't exhaust from mining blocks
- Nitwit: you're not particularly good at anything. :)
- Rancher: when you breed animals, they sometimes have a chance to produce twins; animals killed by you have a chance of dropping twice as much loot
- Rogue: your name is never visible through walls; you enter stealth (making less sounds and dealing double damage from behind) after sneaking for 10 seconds
- Warrior: you deal +1 attack damage with every weapon; you are slowed less when using a shield
Custom classes: You can add your own classes by creating an origin, and then adding it to the layer at `data/origins-classes/origin_layers/class.json`.
(Tools on the mod icon by Lorc, game-icons.net, licensed under CC BY 3.0)