A mod for 1.12.2+ that creates smooth terrain in Minecraft
It is the spiritual successor of the NoCubes mod by Click_Me for 1.7.10
Important: Read BEFORE you download!
- NoCubes is currently under development. It is not fully stable or completely finished
- Bug reports/Issues should go on GitHub or in the appropriate channel on the discord server
- Visit the official website of NoCubes here and join our discord server for pre-releases, development updates and much, much more!
Thats all the super-important stuff, feel free to download and play the mod now. Enjoy!
No Cubes is a completely unique mod that aims to add an exceptional twist to normal Minecraft gameplay and is the first mod in Minecraft history to fully transform and improve Minecraft’s terrain. NoCubes drastically transforms Minecraft’s traditional blocky terrain into smooth, rolling landscapes complete with circular caves, flowing mountain ranges and jaw-droppingly realistic scenery while leaving your painstakingly curated buildings untouched.
The mod is entirety multiplayer compatible, so you can adventure and enjoy the experience of re-exploring all that Minecraft’s abundant landscape has to offer in the company of your friends. Furthermore, the mod has an endless range of customisable options that the player can tweak to their hearts content in order to achieve the perfect experience. Additionally, NoCubes has built-in compatibility with other mods, most notably BetterFoliage, OptiFine, Dynamic Lights and Shaders so that you can view Minecraft in its full glory.
NoCubes is exceptional for a number of reasons. Firstly, it does all its modifications without affecting your FPS at all. It is also so optimised that, when used on certain configurations, it is faster than Vanilla’s rendering system. Finally, it functions in a way that doesn’t actually modify the way the game works. Blocks, while their appearance and collisions may have been changed, are still square at heart. The mod merely makes the existing cubes have more polygons in a way that makes sense for their environment.
At first glance the world may seem to have been drastically changed, but this strange new world actually feels quite similar once you explore it for a little bit. After traveling around your world for a while, you will realise that the vista you are inside is still the same familiar landscape you know and love. And, though the ground is smoother and the trees are round; the magical and unique way the world unfolds, generates and interacts with you hasn’t changed.
The latest update to the mod features new renderers - such as OldNoCubes and SurfaceNets - to better suit individual players preferences, smooth lighting, liquid bodies that reach all the way to the shoreline, accurate collisions, rounded trees, smooth biome color transitions, enchanted multiplayer capabilities, many performance improvements and speed upgrades, RAM optimisations, texture randomisation, particle integration, leaves separation, faster lighting, texture improvement, emissive lighting support, increased mod compatibility and a multitude of other user-customisable options.
This isn’t all that this mod has in store though, with even more mod compatibility, texture blending, even more performance optimisations, tree branch and trunk tweaks, placement previews, 3d minimaps, community configuration presets, higher resolution renders, more translations and more renderers all being worked on, and scheduled to be added in an upcoming update.
Bonus Features in NoCubes
This mod includes fixes for a number of vanilla fluid rendering bugs. These fixes are enabled separately from the main mod, so you can play without smooth terrain and only the improved fluid rendering. These features include Smooth Fluid Lighting, Smooth Fluid Biome Color Blending and Natural Fluid Textures.
- Thank you to Click_Me for the original mod, the amazing idea for this and the massive amount of work they put into the their original mod. Without them this mod would definitely not exist
- Thank you to FellFromTheSky for his port of noCubes 0.8 in 1.7.10. It will surely be reuploaded any soon.
- Thank you to CosmicDan for their 1.7.10 port and deobfuscation of the Click_Me's original 1.0 release. I initially based my code off their repo and without them I would probably have given up before I even started.
- Thank you to LeBossMax2 for their tips on porting the OldNoCubes renderer, their work on NoCubes Reloaded and their tips about how SurfaceNets works
- Thank you to EquityX for not giving up on this mod and continuing to try and find a dev to continue it
- Thank you to Tailer for making the NoCubes discord server and patiently waiting for NoCubes since 2014
- Thank you to V0idWa1k3r for looking over my code and spotting the gamebreakinig bug that I couldn't find
- Thank you to jredfox for their 1.7.10 port and fix of NoCubes 0.8 and for their ASM advice
- Thank you to FellFromTheSky for their work on NoCubes Reloaded and their advice.
- Thank you to delvr for letting me steal their collisions code from Repose. Without this, the collisions in NoCubes would not exist. The mods are 100% compatible and Repose plays amazingly with NoCubes. Repose also includes a number of features like soil gravity and avalanches that make your gameplay more realistic. Go check it out!
- Thank you to Sildur for making Mac-compatible shaders that look great and also somehow run decently on my very low-end machine. Your shaders have boosted my screenshot quality immeasurably