Animate almost any texture with more options.
- more possibilities for resource packs
- a familiar animation format
- not invasive—better compatibility with other mods
What Can I Do With MoreMcmeta?
You can animate almost any texture in the game, including armor, mob, and GUI textures. Textures from other mods that use Minecraft's default texturing process work as well. As of version 3.0.0, you can synchronize any animation to the world's current day time with the
The Animation Format Guide has a full list of textures and explains all of the parameters MoreMcmeta supports in detail.
MoreMcmeta is a client-sided mod, so you don't need to install it on a server.
MoreMcmeta on Fabric
A Fabric version of MoreMcmeta is available at its CurseForge page.
I am not responsible for any viruses, malware, etc. that may afflict your computer if you download from other sites.
Please help StopModReposts. Avoid reposting sites to protect yourself from malicious downloads, and ensure developers receive proper compensation for their hard work.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Create an installation and select the Forge version in the Minecraft launcher.
- Download MoreMcmeta.
- Place the MoreMcmeta
.jarfile in your Forge installation's
modsfolder. There are no dependencies besides Forge.
- Use the trial resource pack to see examples of animated textures.
- If you're making your own textures, it's recommended you read the Animation Format Guide. In particular, you need to use the
.moremcmetaextension instead of the
See the Animation Format Guide for
.moremcmeta file guidelines.
See the Troubleshooting Guide.
Suggestions and Bug Reports
Use the issue tracker for all suggestions and bug reports. Please include applicable screenshots and example textures/
Suggestions that break compatibility with the default animation format will not be accepted. However, suggestions that improve the default animation format with backwards-compatibility will be considered.