Say goodbye to those annoying and ugly squidward-nosed villagers! Minecraft Comes Alive (MCA) completely replaces villagers with humans, and adds interactions, marriage, and babies!
SheWolfDeadly is the lovely lady responsible for designing MCA. Why not show her a bit of love on her Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch?
- "Hrrh!" Villagers are no longer Caveman Squidwards and no longer make sound. They are now male or female humans with over 250 unique skins.
- You can interact with villagers in many ways, such as chatting with them, asking them to follow you, hiring them to do work, giving them gifts, and more!
- Interacting with villagers builds relationships. Get your relationship high enough, and you'll be able to marry a villager.
- Once you're married, you can have children. Children will grow up over time and do many different chores for you.
- Children eventually grow up into adults, who can get married and have children of their own.
- You can marry other players and have children in SMP and LAN.
- There's no loss of original Minecraft functionality. MCA villagers can be traded with, and any modded villagers are not overwritten with MCA villagers.
Note: MCA connects to a remote server to check for updates and also send us crash reports. This can be disabled.
MCA may be downloaded from CurseForge (where you're at right now!) or our website.
Unfortunately there's always the chance of running into a bug while playing MCA. You have five options when reporting a bug.
Do nothing - That's right. If your game crashes while you are playing, you don't have to tell us. We will automatically be notified and your crash report will be sent to us. If you never make it into the game, though, we won't receive that, so let us know you are having that sort of issue!
Post on this page - Feel free to post on this page if you have any issues. Myself or a member of the community will be able to help you.
Create an issue on GitHub - This requires a GitHub account, which is free. Please include your Minecraft version and MCA version. Go to our Issue Tracker to create an issue.
Send a private message - You can send your question or bug report via private message to me here on the forums. While I may not respond, all private messages are read.
MCA is licensed with the MCA Minecraft Mod license. It is simple to understand, but here it is in bullet-point form.
- You can create monetized YouTube videos showcasing this mod.
- You can re-distribute MCA at will on your website, however you can only distribute this mod through our adfoc.us links. Do not use your own links or mirrors.
- You can use MCA in a modpack, however you must provide credit to us and link to this forum page or our website.
- Your modpack must not accept donations or be placed on your personal website running alongside ads.
- You must not modify MCA's source code, file structure, or binaries.
- Troubleshooting is your responsibility if you create a modpack and MCA fails to work correctly with the mods you have chosen.
- Source code is made available for educational purposes only, with the exception of the MCA API.
- MCA, its source code, and byte code cannot be modified, recompiled, or redistributed for public use except by the maintainer of the repository.
- We reserve the right to incorporate private modifications of MCA into the public version, with adequate credit provided.
- Any modification of this mod’s code or binaries is strictly forbidden from public distribution.
- Texture packs and resource packs are welcomed and encouraged, but may only contain the modified textures and/or sounds.
- This mod, its assets, code, and binaries are released into the public domain when it is said to have reached its end-of-life as described in the license.