What's going on lately? (I quit modding)
There is so much going on with university, work and private stuff so I couldn't find the time to update my mods or even answer questions and private messages in the past months and therefore I think it's better to quit modding for now.
This unfortunately means I'm not updating this mod to a newer Minecraft version anytime soon.
If someone is interested in the source code I (finally...) put everything on github (See Source)
Feel free to continue this mod / integrate this mod in whatever project you want. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!
Material Changer is a small mod, which allows you to change various properties of weapons, tools and armor.
Everything in this mod works via your config file (materialchanger.cfg) which can be found in your config folder.
How does it work?
To change a property you need to add a new line with the following format to your changer section: property;item;value
property: This represents the name of the property you want to change.
- ARMOR_PROTECTION: Determines how many armor points the armor item should have
- ARMOR_TOUGHNESS: Determines the toughness of your armor item which gives you extra protection
- ATTACK_DAMAGE: Determines the attack damage vs entities of your tool/sword
- ATTACK_SPEED: Determines the attack speed of your tool (Doesn't work with swords at the moment)
- DURABILITY: Determines how much uses your item should have. Use -1 for infinite durability
- EFFICIENCY: Determines how fast your tool should be able to mine
- ENCHANTABILITY: Determines how "enchantable" your item should be
- HARVEST_LEVEL: Determines if your tool can mine harder blocks
- STACKSIZE: Determines the max size a stack of the given item can have
item: This represents the item id of the item of which you want to change the property. This is usually the mod id (or "minecraft" for vanilla) followed by a colon followed by the item name. e.g. minecraft:iron_sword
value: This represents the new value which you want to change the property to.
Keep in mind that changing the enchantability or harvest level affects the whole tool material, which means that you technically only need to change it for one tool.
Unfortunately this also means that changing those attributes for one item also applies the change to every item with the same tool material (example below).
Also, you can't change the attack speed of swords at the moment.
(Increases the attack damage of every iron axe to 12)
(Decreases the durability of every vanilla diamond tool to 500)
(Makes flint and steel unbreakable)
(Increases the stacksize of snowballs to 64)
(Decreases the harvest level of diamond pickaxes to 0. They can't even mine iron ore now)
(Makes leather armor as protective as diamond armor)
(Better Gold: Changes golden tools, swords and armor properties completley. As you can see, I only changed the enchantability for one tool and one armor item since it affects the whole gold material)
I would be very grateful if you could report any bugs or glitches in the issues tab. Thanks!
If you have any suggestions for future stuff go ahead and tell me about them in the comment section. :)
You are allowed to use my mod in your modpack!