This mod brings Guns to minecraft with lots of customization for players and mod-pack authors.
Craft and upgrade your own gun and ammunition. Use a tripod on your sniper rifle to increase accuracy, mount a silencer to hide from your enemies, throw grenades or use a flamethrower to clear a bunker, heal your teammates on the field, launch poison darts, launch a rocket to break that tower, and more!
Guns are fully customizable with addons including textures, potion effects, rate of fire, accuracy, gravity, etc.
GunCus for 1.7.10 is now Released. Please report issues on the official github here.
GunCus comes with an 'official' set of guns, including rocket launchers, pistols, shotguns, sniper rifles and assault rifle.
To get most of the mod, you'll want to use addons, as available on the original mod thread.
Addons are placed in the GunCus folder, next to the Config and Mods folder of your installation. You can have multiple addons at the same time, each one in its own folder.
I've ported Wholy's addon, you can find it in the files section.
TheMightyWaffles gun pack is available on PMC here.
To use addons from MC1.6.4, you need to:
1- move the assets (sounds and textures) into the new MC1.7.10 folder structure
2- convert non-OGG sounds into the proper format
3- create the sounds.json file
4- fine tune the bullet/guns with the new settings
How to play
Once you reach redstone, you may:
- Craft your weapon from redstone and iron ingots with a Weapon box
- Craft magazines for your gun with a Mag box
- Craft bullets for your magazine with a Bullet box
- Recharge your magazine with an Ammo box or a portable Manual magazine re-filler
- Customize your gun by adding or removing scope, barrel and attachment in the Gun box
With your gun in hand, keep some magazines in your inventory.
- Use left click to fire
- Maintain right click to pull the scope to your eye
- Press shift to hold your breath while scoping
- Reload happens automatically, provided you are not scoping
- Press Ctrl-C to switch between bullets and grenades (as the weapon allows)
- Press Ctrl-V to change fire mode (single, burst or continuous, depending on the weapon in hand)
- Press Ctrl-G to change between allowed bullets
Quick knife is used with Ctrl-F.
Mines will explode on contact (no need for a pressure plate).
Installing Wholy or any other gun pack
You need to install the main mod GunCus into the mods folder.
To install a pack, unzip the pack next to your mods folder.
Building your own addon
Each pack name is a specific folder in the GunCus folder of your installation.
Each pack has it's own specific guns, bullets, textures, sounds.
The pack folder is considered as an asset folder, hence sounds goes in the GunCus\YourPackName\sounds folder, while textures goes in the GunCus\YourPackName\textures\items folder.
Gun textures are defined with a base 'gun.png' texture and one texture for each valid scope, attachment and barrel. The mod will automatically assemble them over each other, so you don't have to draw all possible combinations yourself.
All scopes share a single 'scp.png' texture.
Each barrel has its own texture:
- sln.png is Silencer
- hbl.png is Heavy Barrel
- rbl.png is Rifled Barrel
- pbl.png is Polygonal Barrel
Each attachment has its own texture:
- spb.png is Straight Pull Bolt
- bpd.png is Bipod
- grp.png is Foregrip
- 320.png is M320
- sss.png is Strong Spiral Spring
- img.png is Improved Grip
- ptr.png is Laser Pointer
There's also a 'sight.png' texture for the sight, obviously.
Sounds can be shared between guns. File name is defined in the gun's configuration. Remember to declare them in the 'sounds.json' file at the root of your addon folder.
Bullets are specific to a pack and can be used by multiple guns in the same pack. Each bullet can be customized with:
- Damage modifier over the gun base damage (default 1.0)
- Gravity modifier over the base gravity (default 1.0)
- Crafting cost in gunpowder and iron ingot to get a given quantity of bullets
- Item icon texture
- 3D model variation (default 0)
- Accuracy of the shoot without attachments nor barrels bonus/malus (default 100 for perfect shot)
- Effects on impact including poison, nausea, fire, explosion, healing, blindness, weaken, knockback, etc.
Each gun can be customized with:
- Allowed scopes, attachments and barrels
- Base damage without bullet modifier
- List of compatible bullets
- Crafting cost in iron ingot and redstone for the gun and its magazine
- Magazine size
- Normal and silenced sound when firing
- Base recoil and zoom without attachments
- Shooting type (single, burst, auto)
As of 1.7.10, IDs are handled dynamically, while internal (unlocalized) names are used for world compatibility.
Standard language file is used for localization, remember to update it in the 'lang/en_US.lang' file for example.
This mod is the official continuation of Stuuupiiid GunCus mod available here. He gave us the source code back in 2014.
This mod is since then maintained by LemADEC for the WorldWarMinecraft Official modpack.
This mod is All right reserved unless otherwise stated.
Feel free to include this mod in your modpack provided you credit the authors and link back to this page.
Want to Help?
Contribution of texture, sounds, bugfixes or addons are more than welcome.
Please report issues on the official github here. Feature request are welcome, but may be harshly treated.
You may contact LemADEC on twitter https://twitter.com/Lem_ADEC or the community TeamSpeak server ts.funsquaregames.com .