Have you ever wondered what Minecraft would be like with Cyclopes, Satyrs, and Centaurs? Or Gigantes, Geryons, and Gorgons? How about Sirens and Unicorns? Wonder no more - this mod has them all!
Video Showcase (16.3.0) - video by yorkmouse
Most of the content of this mod revolves around interesting, unique creatures found around your world. Here's a complete list:Bosses:
To summon the Bronze Bull, you must build a 2x2 of copper blocks with 2 bronze blocks on the sides
Drops: avernal gears, copper, ichor
To summon this fiend, you must build a 4x4 hollow frame of blackstone blocks, with a 2x2 of lava in the middle. Then sacrifice the head of an Orthus by tossing it into the lava. The lava will turn to magma and the Cerberus will appear.
Drops: avernal hide, Cerberus head
Drops: treasure chest loot (gold, maps, emeralds, etc.) and a Conch
Summon by placing three Gigante heads and killing a cow in close proximity.
Drops: diamonds, netherite scrap, horn of plenty, ambrosia, Club of Smashing
Drops: Scylla Bone (used for Dragon Tooth Rod)
To summon the Talos, place 3x2 copper blocks and place a bronze block on top. Watch out! That dispenser on his arm isn't just for looks...
Drops: Talos Heart, ichor, copper, arrows
Spawns in underground lairs.
Drops: String, Golden String, Web Ball, Spider Banner Pattern, Silkstep enchantment
Drops: Witch drops and sometimes the Wand of Circe
Drops: Throwing Axe
Giant Boars are created when feeding a Hoglin a poisonous potato outside of the Nether.
Drops: Boar Ear, Boar Tusk, Porkchops
Spawns in Hydra Lairs in swamps, or when a Cerastes is hurt by a Curse from a Fury.
Drops: Poison Spear, Poison Arrows
Rarely spawns wherever Gorgons spawn, or when a Gorgon is struck by lightning.
Drops: Snakeskin, tough snakeskin, deadly fang, gorgon blood
Spawns in deserts in Lion Dens, or when an Ocelot with the Strength potion effect is hit by lightning.
Drops: Nemean Lion Hide
Drops: Snakeskin, tough snakeskin, deadly fang
Drops: string, spider eye
Drops: Bronze nuggets, clubs
Drops: leather, arrows, horns
Drops: snakeskin and deadly fangs
Drops: avernal wing, avernal hair
Drops: avernal wing
Drops: Snakeskin, gorgon blood
Found in nests that appear in most biomes, and rarely in the desert.
(What are entrails, anyway?)
Drops: feathers or avernal feathers
Drops: beef, leather
Drops: leather, horns
Drops: Orthus head
Don't be fooled by their enchanting songs... keep your distance!
Drops: bronze feather
Drops: flint, flint knife
Summoned by placing one bronze block on top of one Ichor Infused Gearbox
Trades paper for quests.
Drops: leather, arrows
Drops: wood, sticks, saplings, leaves
Dryad/Naiad textures by Beau The Moose :D
Drops: Gigante head
Drops: stems, sticks, saplings, leaves
Drops: cod, prismarine
Satyr shamans will summon wolves when they are attacked.
Drops: wild rose, sweet berries, panflute
Summoned by sowing dragon's teeth (found rarely when breaking Bone blocks).
Triton and Tritoness
Offer them amethyst shards and they may give you something in return!
Drops: leather, gold
When sheared: drops Golden Fleece
Yes, you can ride it... if you can catch it!
You must be holding a golden bridle in order to ride and tame a pegasus.
Drops: feathers, leather
Catch it if you can!
You must be holding a golden bridle in order to ride and tame the unicorn.
Drops: Unicorn horn
Visit the wiki for more detailed information
You now have access to special items and relics from Greek history.Blocks:
Altar - use to improve your favor with a god (only when RPG Gods is installed)
- How to get: Craft a marble statue with an item (gold for Zeus, nether wart for Hades, kelp for Poseidon, etc.). Place the statue and offer it items
Mysterious Box - probably shouldn't open this, unless you really need to find an Elpis
- How to get: surround an ender pearl with slabs on top and bottom and two gunpowder on the sides
- How to use: place the box on the ground and right-click to open. If you survive, there's a 60% chance that Elpis will appear.
Palladium - wooden statue that protects against harm by preventing monsters from spawning in a given chunk
- How to get: craft with logs, a slab, a soul torch, and a Talos Heart
Bronze Block - craft with 9 bronze ingots; used to build Automaton, Talos, and Bronze Bull
Ichor-Infused Gearbox - Place this block and a bronze block on top to summon your very own Automaton!
Terracotta Vase - stores a single stack of items
- How to get: craft 3 terracotta blocks in a shape similar to crafting a bucket. Place 1 dye in the middle to add some color!
Mob Heads - dropped by Orthus, Gigante, and Cerberus; required to summon some bosses.
Thunderbolt - channels the raw power of lightning
- How to get: craft ichor and bronze around an iron block
- How to use: right-click while holding the item and looking at the target block. Config setting may require that it be raining. Range: 64 blocks.
Wand of Circe - magical wand that turns players into pigs
- How to get: combine Boar ear, diamond, porkchop and sticks. Rarely dropped by Circe.
Bident - weapon of the underworld similar to a trident
- How to get: Craft with blaze rods, avernal hairs, and gold ingots
Avernal Bow - shoots fire arrows
- How to get: Craft a bow with Avernal Hair instead of string
Bow of Apollo - shoots double fire arrows
- How to get: Give an Avernal Bow to an Altar to Apollo at favor level 10
Bow of Artemis - shoots triple arrows at high speeds
- How to get: Give an Avernal Bow to an Altar to Artemis at favor level 10
Clubs - wood, stone, and iron clubs pack a powerful punch
- How to get: similar to the sword crafting recipe, but with logs instead of planks and planks instead of sticks. Can be upgraded with a stone or iron block later.
Spears - various spears can be thrown for ranged damage
- How to get: Craft 2 sticks, 2 string, and a material
Greek Fire - DIY incendiary grenade that can even light fires on water.
- How to get: craft terracotta vase, olive oil, gunpowder, and fiery hair.
Flint Knife - chosen tool of the treacherous Ara. Faster than a sword but deals less damage.
- How to get: craft one flint on top of one stick.
Bronze Feather - razor-sharp metallic feather that pierces armor when thrown.
- How to get: dropped by Stymphalian.
Discus - not a great weapon. Careful timing is key to throwing the discus hard enough to do any damage
- How to get: craft a music disc with bronze ingots.
Ambrosia - magical nectar with the same power as an enchanted golden apple
- How to get: combine blaze powder, ichor, glowstone dust, honey bottle, and a horn. Also dropped by the Geryon.
Horn of Plenty - "cornucopia" overflowing with food
- How to get: combine a horn and several foods. Also dropped by the Geryon.
- How to use: right-click while holding the item to be given 2-6 food items
Dragon Tooth - ancient relic used to summon skeleton warriors
- How to get: 8% chance they will drop when breaking a bone block
- How to use: throw them on the ground to "sow" an army of Sparti
Dragon Tooth Rod - damages mobs after hooking them (further distance = more damage)
- How to get: Craft by combining scylla bones, golden string, and a dragon tooth
Staff of Healing - powerful relic that casts healing spells
- How to get: craft by combining snakeskin, ghast tears, sticks, and a golden apple
- How to use: right-click to cast a healing spell. Remember, healing spells actually hurt undead creatures
Thyrsus - a staff flowing with milk and water. Can be used as a weapon in a pinch
- How to get: Craft with sticks, leaves, golden string, and a pinecone
- How to use: Hold an empty bucket or empty bottle in your offhand and use the staff to refill it
Helm of Darkness - legendary helmet that turns the wearer and their items invisible
- How to get: craft by combining Avernal Shards and Avernal Hide
Conch - use to place water, sneak+use to pick up water
- How to get: dropped by Charybdis
Bag of Wind - use to get a brief speed boost
- How to get: Craft leather, a conch, and avernal feather
Winged Sandals - incredible speed and jumping power
- How to get: combine bag of wind, feathers, ichor, and leather boots.
Mirror - may be useful to avoid the gaze of the gorgons...
- How to get: Craft 1 bronze ingot and 1 glass pane
Golden Bridle - required to catch and tame a Unicorn
- How to get: craft by surrounding a lead with golden string
- How to use: sneak up to a Unicorn or Pegasus while holding the Golden Bridle in your main hand. Only then can you attempt to ride it.
Unicorn Horn - purifies the user by removing all negative effects
- How to get: kill a unicorn. You monster!
- How to use: hold-right-click to channel the purifying power of the unicorn.
Panflute - musical instrument used by the Satyrs
- How to get: crafted with reeds, or rarely dropped by Satyrs
Lyre - musical instrument
- How to get: wooden lyre is crafted with sticks and string; gold lyre is crafted with gold ingots and gold string
Web Ball - small bundle of web that may contain items... or spider eggs
- How to get: 10% chance they will drop when breaking a cobweb
- How to get: craft 3 olives with a glass bottle
- How to use: place on land or water and set alight. You can also use it to craft Olive Salve for interesting effects.
Golden Sapling - its leaves may contain golden apples!
- How to get: craft any sapling with a dragon tooth.
Quest - a slip of paper with advice for defeating bosses and summoning creatures.
- How to get: give a paper to a Centaur, or found in chests.
Hellenic Armor - provides arrow protection from the front but causes the player to be extra-vulnerable to arrow shots from behind
- How to get: craft with bronze and copper ingots and Ichor Infused Gears (dropped by Bronze Bull)
Snakeskin Armor - enchanted with Poisoning, which poisons creatures that attack the wearer
- How to get: craft with Tough Snakeskin and Snake Fangs
Nemean Lion Hide - provides arrow protection from behind.
- How to get: dropped by Nemean Lion
Ichor - a small drop of the blood of the gods
- How to get: open a mysterious box and give a diamond to the Elpis that (sometimes) comes out. Also dropped by the Talos and Bronze Bull.
Bronze - created by melting bronze scrap that is found in chests around the world; used to make armors and summon bosses. Sometimes dropped by cyclopes.
Horn - dropped by horned creatures (Minotaur, Cerastes, Cyprian); used to create Ambrosia
Avernal Feather - dropped by Harpies (or found in their nests); used to create the Winged Sandals
Snakeskin - dropped by Gorgons; used to make the Staff of Healing or brewed to make a Potion of Mirroring.
Tough Snakeskin - dropped by Pythons and Medusa; required to craft Snakeskin Armor
Deadly Fang - dropped by Pythons; required to craft Snakeskin Armor
Avernal Shards - dropped by Fury; required for the Helm of Darkness.
Talos Heart - dropped by Talos; required for the Palladium
Avernal Claw - dropped by Orthus; can be crafted with a book to get a Sharpness enchantment.
Wild Rose - dropped by Satyrs; when placed, gives Absorption effect; can be crafted with a book to get a Hunting enchantment. Items with Hunting have a chance to instantly kill most animals.
Avernal Hide - dropped by Cerberus; required for the Helm of Darkness; can be crafted with a book to get a Fire Protection enchantment.
Avernal Wing - dropped by Empusa and Fury; used to tame Orthus.
Ichor Infused Gear - dropped by Bronze Bull; used to craft Achilles Armor.
Avernal Hair - dropped by Empusa; used to craft Gold String and Cursed Bow
Olives - dropped from Olive leaves; used to craft Olive Oil and Olive Salve
Scylla Bone - dropped by Scylla; required to craft Dragon Tooth Rod
You may encounter small structures in your travels, some more interesting than others. Here is a complete list:
- Satyr Camp - home to the satyrs of the woods
- Ara Camp - home to the Ara outcasts
- Centaur Camp - home to the centaurs of the plains
- Small Shrines (Limestone, Marble, and Nether variants) - maybe they have loot?
- Harpy Nest - good place to look for magic feathers ... and harpies, of course
- Python Pit - found in jungles and houses a deadly Python... and maybe some treasure?
- Lion Den - a small hole found in deserts and home to the Nemean Lion
- Arachne Pit - underground marble lair of Arachne and her spawn
- Hydra Lair - swampy hill that houses a dangerous Hydra
- Cyclopes Cave - found in plains and often home to a grumpy cyclopes and his sheep
- Minotaur Maze - indicated by 4 small buildings with stairways to the winding corridors below
- Ocean Village - home to the triton and tritoness, found in most oceans (rarely with a conduit)
- Gigante Camp - a "small" house for a Gigante, found in mountains and meadows
- Harpy Grove - clump of dead trees and harpy nests in the deserts and badlands
- Olive Tree - found in birch and forest biomes
- Pomegranate Tree - dangerous underworld tree... is the fruit worth the risk?
- Limestone and Marble - used to make ornate pillars and statues
Statue, Gods, and Favor
**NEW** The Gods and Favor system (and statues) have been moved to RPG Gods. You can use Greek Fantasy without RPG Gods, but if you enjoyed the Gods and Favor system previously, you should give it a try!
- Stunned - prevents the player from moving, jumping, or using items for a short time. Check the config to change this.
- Petrified - similar to stunned but way scarier
- Mirroring - grants immunity to Gorgon gaze attacks.
- Curse of Circe - turns players into pigs.
- Prisoner of Hades - traps players in the Nether after eating pomegranate seeds
- Slow Swim - inflicted by sirens to reduce player swim speed.
- Overstep - apply to boots; removes the need for jumping up single blocks.
- Hunting - apply to axes and swords; has a chance to instantly kill breed-able animals such as cows, pigs, sheep, wolves, etc.
- Smashing - only found on clubs dropped by a Geryon. Smashes and stuns enemies.
- Mirroring - apply to shields; grants immunity to Gorgon gaze attacks.
- Bane of Serpents - deals extra damage against serpent-like monsters.
- Fireflash - apply to thunderbolts by giving them to an Altar to Zeus at level 10; causes explosions when summoning lightning.
- Lord of the Sea - apply to tridents by giving them to an Altar to Poseidon at level 10; summon a powerful Whirl by left-clicking while looking at a body of water.
- Raising - apply to bidents by giving them to an Altar to Hades at level 10; summon a short-lived but loyal Sparti warrior.
- Flying - apply to Winged Sandals by giving them to an Altar to Hermes at level 10; allows creative-style flight.
- Daybreak - apply to clocks by giving them to an Altar to Apollo at level 10; using an enchanted clock turns night to day.
- Silkstep - apply to boots; enchanted book is dropped by Arachne; allows walking through cobwebs without hinderance.
Here is a link to the wiki which has a more information and examples on datapack support. An example datapack can be downloaded from the wiki or the "Additional Files" section of Forge downloads.
The config file for this mod gives modpack creators plenty of control over the mod. Customizable options include special item abilities, potion effects and enchantments, mob spawn chances/biomes, mob special attacks, and structure generation chances/biomes.
The mysterious box uses .mcfunction files to decide what happens when they're opened. This means a datapack can add .mcfunction files and they will be used as well. The files must be located at "data/[namespace]/functions/mysterious_box/[function_name].mcfunction". See the wiki for details.
The songs that can be played on a panflute or lyre are loaded through datapacks. Users can add their own songs in a JSON format and save it as "data/[namespace]/songs/[song_name].json". The JSON file must specify a name and credits (or translation keys), the interval between each beat, the total number of beats, and one or two arrays of notes to play (from 0-24 where 0 means "no note"). See the wiki for details.
The quests that are found in chests or given by Centaurs can use a custom data pack. Users can add their own quests in a JSON format and save it as "data/[namespace]/quests/[quest_name].json". The JSON file must specify the description and components (or translation keys). See the wiki for details.
- Beau The Moose for dryad/naiad and other textures
- Crydigo for bronze block, ingot, and relic textures
- Coda for the Scylla texture
- dandmaster1 for a plethora of great ideas, Russian translation, and some textures
- Looodon for great suggestions and play-testing
- Everyone who has given feedback or bug reports to help me improve the mod :)
The radial menu in this mod uses source code originally created by gigaherz. That portion of the mod is licensed under the BSD license. This notice may not be removed from any distribution of Greek Fantasy.
Q: Forge or Fabric?
A: Forge only.
Q: Can I use the mod in a modpack?
A: If at all possible, please link to the CurseForge page instead of redistributing the mod. Modpacks are perfectly fine if they follow this rule.
Q: Can I request a feature?
A: Please do! I have lots of ideas but not always a good way to make them work.
Q: Do you have a Discord?
A: You can find me on the MMD server in the #skyjay-mods channel (under "Community Mods")