Achievement Get (thank you for your support!)
Ever get tired of plain old Iron Golems? So difficult to make, always look the same . . . Well, Extra Golems is here for you!
Now introducing 40 golems made from Minecraft blocks, ranging from wood and glass to diamond and nether brick. Each golem has unique properties, as described below. Have fun!
How to Use:
Make a Golem Spell by combining 1 Feather, 1 Redstone, 1 Ink Sack, and 1 Paper in a crafting grid.
Make a Golem Head by combining a Golem Spell and a Pumpkin -- the block looks the same because all you did is stuff a magical paper inside:
Golem Spell and Golem Head
To build a golem, start by placing blocks in a 'T' formation, similar to the Iron Golem layout. Finally, place a Golem Head on top. Once created, golems act like Iron Golems, killing monsters left and right and defending your fort / base / testificate prison.
Showcase by PopularMMOs (MC1.8, V2.04): <https://youtu.be/ZMKrasOs56c>
Extra Golems adds the following golems to the Minecraft universe:
Added in 1.7.10+
- Diamond Golem (220 health, 20 attack)
- Emerald Golem (190 health, 18 attack)
- Gold Golem (80 health, 8 attack, knockback resistance)
- Lapis Lazuli Golem (50 health, 6 attack, gives creatures a negative potion effect)
- Sandstone Golem (15 health, 4 attack)
- Wool Golem (10 health, 1 attack, all colors)
- Hardened Clay Golem (22 health, 4 attack)
- Obsidian Golem (120 health, 18 attack)
- Librarian (Bookshelf) Golem (28 health, 4 attack, grants itself beneficial potion effects)
- Glass Golem (8 health, 14 attack)
- Log Golem (20 health, 3 attack, all vanilla types)
- Clay Golem (20 health, 2 attack)
- Straw (Hay Bale) Golem (10 health, 1 attack, boosts nearby crops)
- Nether Brick Golem (25 health, 7 attack, lights creatures on fire,
slowly melts cobblestone)
- Glowstone Golem (8 health, 12 attack, lights up nearby area)
- Endstone Golem (50 health, 7 attack, teleports)
- Packed Ice Golem (18 health, 7 attack, walks over water and lava by cooling/freezing blocks)
- Redstone Golem (2 attack, 18 health, emits redstone power)
- Stained Clay Golem (3 attack, 26 health, all colors)
- Stained Glass Golem (12 attack, 9 health, all colors)
- Sponge Golem (20 health, 2 attack, soaks up water)
- Quartz Golem (85 health, 8.5 attack)
- TNT Golem (14 health, 2.5 attack, explodes when lit on fire, killed, and sometimes while attacking)
- Leaf Golem (6 health, 0.5 attack, Regeneration I) -- suggested by darthvader456
- Melon Golem (18 health, 1.5 attack, plants flowers occasionally, slowly heals) -- suggested by MageSlime
- Coal Block Golem (14 health, 2.5 attack, can inflict Blindness I)
- Bedrock Golem (999 health, 32 attack, indestructible. Spawn and despawn using item)
- Spawn Bedrock Golem Item (Creative-Mode only) -- use to spawn a Bedrock Golem. Use it on an existing Bedrock Golem to remove it.
Added in 1.8+
- Slimy (Slime Block) Golem (20 health, 2.5 attack, massive knockback attack, splits in two upon death) -- suggested by joshmja91; specials suggested by ALEXYSSSJ4
- PrismarineGolem (24 health, 8 attack) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Red Sandstone Golem (15 health, 4 attack) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Mushroom Block Golem (30 health, 3 attack, plants mushrooms occasionally, click to change texture) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Sea Lantern Golem (26 health, 4 attack, lights up nearby area)
- Crafting (Workbench) Golem (2 attack, 26 health, click to open Crafting grid)
Added in 1.10+
- Bone Golem (6.5 attack, 78 health)
- Magma Golem (4.5 attack, 22 health, lights mobs on fire, slowly melts cobblestone, splits in two upon death) -- specials suggested by ALEXYSSSJ4
- Nether Wart Golem (1.5 attack, 22 health, plants nether wart when on soul sand)
- Redstone Lamp Golem (6 attack, 28 health, right click to toggle light)
- Furnace Golem (6.5 attack, 88 health, requires fuel to move and attack, attracted to players holding coal) -- suggested by multiple users
- Dispenser Golem (5.2 attack, 78 health, shoots arrows, click to refill)
Added in 1.12+
- Concrete Golem (6 attack, 38 health, Resistance I, all colors)
Added in 1.14+
- Coral Golem (6 attack, 38 health, when wet: heals occasionally. When dry: +attack but -health) -- suggested by ALEXYSSSJ4
The Golem Guide Book has in-game information about each golem! V6.3.0+ only.
- (1.7.10 to 1.12.x) Tinkers' Construct golems are added by Tinkers' Golems Addon
- (1.8.9 to 1.12.x) Base Metals, Modern Metals, and Base Minerals golems are added by Base Metal Golems Addon
- (1.12.x) Thermal Foundation golems are added by Thermal Golems Addon
- (1.12.x) Mineralogy golems are added by Mineralogy Golems Addon
- (1.7.10) Thermal Foundation, IC2, and Immersive Engineering golems are added by Metal Golems Addon (Limited)
- (1.7.10) Et Futurum -- golems from V2.05+ are backported to 1.7.10 by Et Futurum Golems Addon
- (1.7.10 to 1.9.x) Waila -- special abilities and attack power are displayed with Extra Golems WAILA Addon. You do not need this for Extra Golems 6.02+
If you want to make your own addon, visit the wiki to get started!
If at all possible, please link to this mod's page instead of redistributing it.
If you must redistribute this mod (ie, download it and then upload it to any public storage other than Curse or CurseForge), you are not permitted to make money by doing so. Modpacks are completely allowed if they follow this rule.
Ads are only permitted if a link to the Curse or CurseForge page is provided and no redistribution occurs. Seriously, if you didn't make the mod, you shouldn't make money off of it.
You have the power to customize each golem's spawn permissions, health, and attack strength! Most entries look something like this:
Besides toggling special abilites, you can tweak the following golems:
# Whether the Bookshelf Golem can be built [default: true]
# Whether this golem can give itself potion effects [default: true]
B:"Allow Special: Potion Effects"=true
# Base attack damage dealt by this golem [range: 0.0 ~ 300.0, default: 1.5]
# Max health for this golem [range: 0.0 ~ 999.0, default: 28.0]
- Coral Golem: adjust how long it takes to "dry out"
- Ice Golem: adjust range of "freezing" effect
- Endstone Golem: turn on/off taking damage from water
- Redstone Golem: adjust redstone power level (0 ~ 15)
- Slimy Golem: adjust knockback power
- Straw Golem: adjust how frequently to boost crops
- Sponge Golem: adjust range and frequency of water-soaking
- Golems can attack players (on by default)
- Golems can be built using regular pumpkins (off by default)
- Giving golems their building block will heal them (on by default)
- Color/type of some golems is changed upon interaction (off by default)
- Use Ore-Dict to build golems (on by default)
- V1.x require Forge for 1.7.10 (built and tested with 10.13.4.1558)
- V2.x require Forge for 1.8 (built and tested with 184.108.40.2063)
- V3.x require Forge for 1.8.9 (built and tested with 220.127.116.112)
- V4.x require Forge for 1.9 (built and tested with 18.104.22.1687)
- V5.x require Forge for 1.9.4 (built and tested with 22.214.171.1247)
- V6.x require Forge for 1.10 (built and tested with 126.96.36.1996)
- V7.x require Forge for 1.12.2 (built and tested with 188.8.131.5268)
- V8.x require Forge for 1.13.2 (built and tested with 25.0.219)
- V9.x require Forge for 1.14.4 (built and tested with 28.1.24)
Please report any bugs or mod conflicts -- this mod should be compatible with all Forge-based mods, but you never know.