Achievement Get (thank you for your support!)
Ever get tired of plain old Iron Golems? So difficult to make, always look the same . . . Well, Extra Golems is here for you!
Now introducing 40 golems made from Minecraft blocks, ranging from wood and glass to diamond and nether brick. Each golem has unique properties, as described below. Have fun!
How to Use:
Make a Golem Spell by combining 1 Feather, 1 Redstone, 1 Ink Sack, and 1 Paper in a crafting grid.
Make a Golem Head by combining a Golem Spell and a Pumpkin -- the block looks the same because all you did is stuff a magical paper inside:
To build a golem, start by placing blocks in a 'T' formation, similar to the Iron Golem layout. Finally, place a Golem Head on top. Once created, golems act like Iron Golems, killing monsters left and right and defending your fort / base / testificate prison.
Showcase by PopularMMOs (MC1.8, V2.04): <https://youtu.be/ZMKrasOs56c>
Extra Golems adds the following golems to the Minecraft universe:
Added in 1.7.10+
- Diamond Golem (220 health, 20 attack)
- Emerald Golem (190 health, 18 attack)
- Gold Golem (80 health, 8 attack, knockback resistance)
- Lapis Lazuli Golem (50 health, 6 attack, gives creatures a negative potion effect)
- Sandstone Golem (15 health, 4 attack)
- Wool Golem (10 health, 1 attack, all colors)
- Hardened Clay Golem (22 health, 4 attack)
- Obsidian Golem (120 health, 18 attack)
- Librarian (Bookshelf) Golem (28 health, 4 attack, grants itself beneficial potion effects)
- Glass Golem (8 health, 14 attack)
- Log Golem (20 health, 3 attack, all vanilla types)
- Clay Golem (20 health, 2 attack)
- Straw (Hay Bale) Golem (10 health, 1 attack, boosts nearby crops)
- Nether Brick Golem (25 health, 7 attack, lights creatures on fire,
slowly melts cobblestone)
- Glowstone Golem (8 health, 12 attack, lights up nearby area)
- Endstone Golem (50 health, 7 attack, teleports randomly)
- Packed Ice Golem (18 health, 7 attack, walks over water and lava by cooling/freezing blocks)
- Redstone Golem (2 attack, 18 health, emits redstone power)
- Stained Clay Golem (3 attack, 26 health, all colors)
- Stained Glass Golem (12 attack, 9 health, all colors)
- Sponge Golem (20 health, 2 attack, soaks up water)
- Quartz Golem (85 health, 8.5 attack)
- TNT Golem (14 health, 2.5 attack, explodes when lit on fire, killed, and sometimes while attacking)
- Leaf Golem (6 health, 0.5 attack, Regeneration I) -- suggested by darthvader456
- Melon Golem (18 health, 1.5 attack, plants flowers occasionally, slowly heals) -- suggested by MageSlime
- Coal Block Golem (14 health, 2.5 attack, can inflict Blindness I)
- Bedrock Golem (999 health, 32 attack, indestructible. Spawn and despawn using item)
- Spawn Bedrock Golem Item (Creative-Mode only) -- use to spawn a Bedrock Golem. Use it on an existing Bedrock Golem to remove it.
Added in 1.8+
- Slimy (Slime Block) Golem (20 health, 2.5 attack, massive knockback attack, splits in two upon death) -- suggested by joshmja91; specials suggested by ALEXYSSSJ4
- PrismarineGolem (24 health, 8 attack) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Red Sandstone Golem (15 health, 4 attack) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Mushroom Block Golem (30 health, 3 attack, plants mushrooms occasionally, click to change texture) -- suggested by Delirus_the_Crux
- Sea Lantern Golem (26 health, 4 attack, lights up nearby area)
- Crafting (Workbench) Golem (2 attack, 26 health, click to open Crafting grid)
Added in 1.10+
- Bone Golem (6.5 attack, 78 health)
- Magma Golem (4.5 attack, 22 health, lights mobs on fire, slowly melts cobblestone, splits in two upon death) -- specials suggested by ALEXYSSSJ4
- Nether Wart Golem (1.5 attack, 22 health, plants nether wart when on soul sand)
- Redstone Lamp Golem (6 attack, 28 health, right click to toggle light)
- Furnace Golem (6.5 attack, 88 health, requires fuel to move and attack, attracted to players holding coal) -- suggested by multiple users
- Dispenser Golem (5.2 attack, 78 health, shoots arrows, click to refill)
Added in 1.12+
- Concrete Golem (6 attack, 38 health, Resistance I, all colors)
Added in 1.14+
- Coral Golem (6 attack, 38 health, when wet: heals occasionally. When dry: +attack but -health) -- suggested by ALEXYSSSJ4
Added in 1.15+
- Honey Golem (1 attack, 42 health, sticky, splits in two upon death)
- Honeycomb Golem (2 attack, 68 health, can summon bees when hurt)
- Dried Kelp Golem (2 attack, 34 health)
- Polished Andesite Golem (6 attack, 52 health)
- Polished Diorite Golem (6 attack, 50 health)
- Polished Granite Golem (5.2 attack, 58 health)
- Smooth Stone Golem (5.4 attack, 60 health)
- Purpur Golem (3 attack, 82 health, teleports randomly, not hurt by water)
Added in 1.16+
- Polished Basalt Golem (6.8 attack, 58 health, fireproof)
- Polished Blackstone Golem (6.8 attack, 58 health, fireproof)
- Crimson Stem Golem (3 attack, 24 health, fireproof)
- Crying Obsidian Golem (18.9 attack, 106 health, fireproof, blast resistance)
- Netherite Golem (28 attack, 298 health, fireproof, damage resistance)
- Shroomlight Golem (3 attack, 24 health, fireproof, gives light)
- Warped Stem Golem (3 attack, 40 health, fireproof)
- Textured Golem (6 attack, 76 health, custom texture via commands) - see the Wiki for instructions. (Removed in 1.17.1)
Added in 1.17+
Note: all golems from 1.16.5 and earlier received boosted attack power (about 3-4 points more than what is listed above) in the 1.17.1 update
- Amethyst Golem (12 attack, 38 health, drops amethyst shards when hurt)
- Brick Golem (9 attack, 25 health)
- Copper Golem (13 attack, 90 health, summons lightning in rain, oxidizes over time)
- Moss Golem (13 attack, 90 health, places moss carpet; heals)
- Polished Deepslate Golem (2.5 attack, 40 health)
- Raw Copper Golem (6 attack, 45 health)
- Raw Gold Golem (5.5 attack, 43 health)
- Raw Iron Golem (7 attack, 50 health)
- Waxed Copper Golem (13 attack, 90 health, summons lightning in rain)
The Golem Guide Book has in-game information about each golem! V6.3.0+ only.
Make by combining 1 Book and 1 Carved Pumpkin.
Extra Golems 1.17.1 customization
Extra Golems received a massive re-write in 1.17.1 to allow users to add their own golems using a data pack and resource pack together. Pre-built data/resource packs for popular mods will be posted here when available. Visit the wiki for information on modifying or adding golems.
Known bug with villagers spawning golems (along with solution) here.
Extra Golems 1.12.2-1.16.5 customization
Built-In Mod Support
There are also separate addons to support the following mods (1.7.10 to 1.12.2):
- (1.12.x) Electroblob's Wizardry compatibility is added by Wizardry Golems
- (1.7.10 to 1.12.x) Tinkers' Construct compatibility is added by Tinkers' Golems Addon
- (1.8.9 to 1.12.x) Base Metals, Modern Metals, and Base Minerals compatibility is added by Base Metal Golems Addon
- (1.12.x) Thermal Foundation compatibility is added by Thermal Golems Addon
- (1.12.x) Mineralogy compatibility is added by Mineralogy Golems Addon
If you want to make your own addon, visit the wiki to get started!
You have the power to customize each golem's spawn permissions, health, and attack strength! Most entries look something like this:
#Range: 1.0 ~ 999.0
attack = 1.5
#Range: 1.0 ~ 999.0
health = 28.0
#Disables in-world building of the golem.
enabled = true
#Whether this golem can give itself potion effects
"Allow Special: Potion Effects" = true
Note: For Forge versions 1.14 through 1.16, the config file may be difficult to find. See this issue for directions.
Besides toggling special abilites, you can tweak the following golems:
- Coral Golem: adjust how long it takes to "dry out"
- Ice Golem: adjust range of "freezing" effect
- Endstone Golem: turn on/off taking damage from water
- Redstone Golem: adjust redstone power level (0 ~ 15)
- Slimy Golem: adjust knockback power
- Straw Golem: adjust how frequently to boost crops
- Sponge Golem: adjust range and frequency of water-soaking
- Percent chance that villagers will summon Extra Golems (60% by default)
- Golems can attack players (on by default)
- Giving golems their building block will heal them (on by default)
- Golems can be built using regular pumpkins (off by default)
If at all possible, please link to this mod's page instead of redistributing it.
If you must redistribute this mod (ie, download it and then upload it to any public storage other than Curse or CurseForge), do not use a paywall or mandatory ads to monetize it.
Ads are only permitted if a link to the Curse or CurseForge page is provided and no redistribution occurs.