Gems & Jewels aims to enrich the mining, cave exploration, and tool crafting aspects of Minecraft by adding tons of new gems to find,
silver & platinum, and hundreds of new tools. This mod puts a heavy emphasis on balance, fun, and the excitement of finding and crafting wealth and riches.
1.18 Features (Work in Progress)
Solid Gem Tools
Sword: Increased damage, strong durability, tracks number of mobs slain
Pickaxe: Fast mining speed, high mining level, good durability, tracks number of ores mined
- Pale Diamond
- Dusk Emerald
- Black Opal
- Amethyst (Gem)
Gem Set Rings
- Gems can by crafted into rings which can then by used to upgrade vanilla tools using the smithing table (crafting table in 1.15)
- Rings can be worn if the Curios API mod is installed. Wearing a ring will grant a +1 Luck boost.
- Magical Rings can be found in treasure chests spawned in the world (abandoned mineshafts, desert pyraminds, dungeons, etc )
Using the ring will grant a stackable 10 seconds of its power or a single instant effect.
Magical Rings can be combined with swords (smithing table), inflicting their power through strikes.
To keep the magical aspect of the ring, place the ring first in the smithing table (1.16), place the ring above or below tool (1.15)
Magical Rings have an enchanted glow and can be found with either a charm or a curse on them:
Sapphire: Night Vision
Opal: Spell Breaking (removes all milk curable potion effects)
Topaz: Slow Falling
Zircon: Water Breathing
Spinel: Instant Health
Black Opal: Purification (removes all negative potion effects)
Citrine: Fire Resistance
Kunzite: Health Boost
Gem Set Tools
- Tools upgraded with a ring gain the ability to level up, track stats, and gain perks & titles. (leveling & progression can be disabled in the config file)
- lvl +: bonus attack speed
- lvl 3: grants experience from use (swords bleed experience from mobs, pickaxes exact experience from mining, etc.)
- lvl 7: resists tool damage (50% chance to negate damage)
- lvl 5: Adept
- lvl 10: Heroic
- lvl 20: Master
- lvl 30: Legendary
- lvl 100: Mythic
- Jeweled Sword: Tracks the number of mobs the sword has slain. Gains level progress from slaying mobs.
- Jeweled Pickaxe: Tracks the number of ores mined by the pickaxe. Gains level progress from mining ores or blocks.
- Jeweled Axe: Tracks the number of logs chopped and the number of mobs slain. Gains level progress from chopping blocks, slaying mobs, or stripping logs.
- Jeweled Shovel: Tracks the number of blocks dug. Gains level progress from breaking blocks or creating paths.
- Jeweled Hoe: Tracks the number of blocks hoed. Gains level progress from hoeing ground or farming fully grown crops.
- Jeweled Bow: Tracks the number of shots fired and number of mobs slain. Gains draw speed per level. Gains level progress from shots fired and mobs slain.
- Jeweled Crossbow: Tracks the number of shots fired and the number of mobs slain. Gain arrow velocity and accuracy per level. Gains level progress from shots fired and mobs slain.
Solid Gem Tools
Solid Gem Swords: Gains sharpness from use. Can be sharpened with a grindstone block at the cost of durability. ([Shift] + [Right-Click] sword on grindstone)
Solid Gem Tools Stats:
- Attack Damage & Mining Level: based on gems Mohs Scale rating
- Durability: based on gems stability and toughness rating
- Enchantability: gems with lower sharpness and durability rating have better enchantability
Tool stats can be previewed in game by holding [shift] when mousing over tool
Sword: Iron Ingot + 2 Gems
Pickaxe: Stick + Iron Ingot + 3 Gems
Gems & World Generation
(Configurable) There are 20 new gems to mine. Minor gems spawn in unique biomes. Gems can even be found in the nether and in treasure chests!
- Emerald (special variant that spawns in all biomes)
- Black Opal
- Villagers will follow you around when you hold an emerald block
- Gems can be converted into normal emeralds for spending by surrounding a normal emerald with 8 of the same type of gem.
- Gem blocks can be used to power beacons.
- Black Opal
- Rose Quartz
- *Lapis Lazuli
- Diamond Infused Steel
- Emerald Infused Steel
- Ruby Infused Steel
- Sapphire Infused Steel
- Amethyst Infused Steel
- Opal Infused Steel
Gem Infused Swords:
Gem Infused Swords gain more attack damage the more mobs you slay with them. By default you gain +1 attack damage per 10 kills with a maximum bonus of 9 attack damage. These values are totally configurable. You can even set the number of kills per bonus to scale exponentially. Gem Infused Swords start at +6 damage (the same as iron).
Rings & Jewelry, Tools & Armor:
All gems can be crafted into rings which can be combined with iron, gold, and diamond tools to increase their stats. Once crafted, gem set tools will display a tracked stat: kills for swords, blocks mined for pickaxes, etc.
Gold Rings increase the tool's Efficiency & Enchantability sharply
Silver Rings increase the tool's Mining Level & Durability sharply
Platinum Rings increase all stats mildly including Damage
Major gems can be crafted into crowns, necklaces, belts, and wings which can be worn or combined with helmets, chestplates, leggings, and boots to increase their stats.
Gold Jewelry increases the armor's Enchantability
Silver Jewelry increase the armor's Durability
Villagers follow you when you hold an Emerald Block
Gems can be crafted with Emeralds to create more emeralds (disabled by default)
Silver can be used in place of iron in tool and armor recipes as long as one iron ingot is used
Gem Blocks can be used in place of bookshelves to increase the power of enchanting tables. Rough Gem blocks provide half the power. Vanilla blocks need to be combined with redstone to work.
Stone banister blocks can be crafted out of vanilla stones & bricks
Rough Gems can be turned into dyes
Works with & tested:
- Biomes O' Plenty (biomes & gems)
- Twilight Forest
- Extra Utilities
- Other Gem Mods
- Lord of the Rings (silver)
World generation is very configurable. You can enable and disable gems and metals as well as set which biomes they spawn in.
Major Gems can be found rarely in all biomes. (Emeralds spawn in all biomes by default. This can be changed in config)
Silver can be found around gold level. Platinum can be found rarely around diamond level.
Minor and Rough gems can be found rarely in specific biome types.
Oceans, Rivers, Lakes, Beaches...:
Jungle, Roofed Forests, Tropical Forests...:
Tiaga, Cold Forests...:
Savanna, Tropical, Oasis, Brushland...:
Plains, Tundra, Fields...:
Desert, Badlands, Mesa..."
Mountains, Extreme Hills..."
All gems can be found in the Nether.
Gem set chests
*Charms and useful trinkets
*More tools and armor using gem infused ingots
*Solid gem tools and armor.
Ores Above Diamonds a great mod for late-game progression with compatible gems and powerful tools!
This is my first mod so I'd love to hear what you think of it and if there are any features or improvements I can work on! :)