Druidcraft is a druid-themed mod that is in an extremely early stage! It's full of 1.14 vanilla-friendly features, and will always receive constant updates. Plans for the future include a spell system, magical plants, runes, rituals, totem-carving, conjuration and more! Plus, it just looks great!
- Bone armour, tools and weapons! Stone/chainmail level, but with the durability of iron and a ton of enchantability.
- Industrial hemp for all your string-related needs! Grows up to 2 blocks high and can also be used in the creation of rope, a soon-to-be-placeable block that at the moment can be used to make leads without requiring slime!
- Darkwood trees, a new type of tree bearing a lightweight, ashy wood. If you're the adventurous type, they're found in the darkwood forest, a biome that spawns in cool regions.
- Four new ores! Moonstone, amber, rockroot and fiery glass. They're slowly accumulating uses, but while they're still a little useless, they'll be dropping double experience, just as an incentive! <3
- Decorative wood blocks! Introducing wooden beams and wooden panels. The beams are a nice, robust block to make all your builds look a little more sturdy and the panels are a soft, vertical variant of planks, making great walls and floors!
- Beetles! The beetle is a hostile, tanky looking bug that has grown to such a size that it can't fly, nor does it need to! It's extremely dangerous, but if you're feeling cocky then golden apples should suit its tastes. To heal it while it's tamed, use regular apples. Try adding a chest onto it for massive storage!
- Dreadfish! Ever wanted a glow-in-the-dark, skeletal ghost-fish? Well now you can have one! While hostile normally, should you tame it with prismarine crystals it will love you forever! It's even dyeable!
- Mud bricks, an amazingly early-game building material that is bound to please the eyes. To craft it, you just need some dirt, and to be standing in the water. It's a bit of dirty work, but it's well worth it! Once made, place them down, and they should dry over time.
- Sickles! Who doesn't want to mow the grass out of an area in a pinch? Say goodbye to the water bucket and hello to the sickle! The higher the tier, the bigger the area, and the best part is that they make decent weaponry too!
- Soulfire, the flaming soul of a dreadfish. Should you manage to slay a few of the spooky fish, you should come across this magical stuff. It's placeable as a light source, and can be dyed in a crafting table, just like the living thing!
- Fiery torches! They're like regular torches, but much better! Using fiery glass, you can create a waterproof, brighter torch that just looks more amazing than the old, boring torch you're probably used to.
- Moonstone gear, made from the elusive moonstone! It's a tier above diamond, but will require diamond to obtain.
- Chitin armor! As a reward for fending off all those beetles, you can use the chitin they drop to make decent armour! It's roughly between iron and diamond tier in quality.
- Fiery glass is now smeltable! It'll do a good 12 smelts, so make sure to grab a bunch.
- New lanterns! Ceramic ones, jars with moths in them, or even magical ones that cause baby animals and plants to grow faster!
- Lunar moths! Moths that spawn randomly in the world like most animals do. They can be caught in bottles and put on display, or let out in a custom farm back at the base to farm the glowstone they shed. Try to collect all six colors!
- Rope is now placeable, and connects up to blocks. It wraps around fences and small beams when placed next to them, and it's climbable too! You can even hang all the lanterns from it, even the vanilla one!
- Elder trees are now added! Let them grow, and they'll cycle from bare, to flowers, to berries! Either collect the flowers early, or let them grow into berries first, it's up to you! If left for too long, the berries will decay, and some will drop passively off the tree.
- Blueberries! They act similarly to sweet berries but due to not being a thorny bush they will not prick you! Not too hard to find around the plains or forests.
- Lavender! This has a use for later, but at the moment simply acts as a pretty flower!
- New foods are on the table! Blueberry muffins, apple-elderberry crumble, or elderflower cordial are the only things on the current menu.
- Crates are similar to barrels, but add an aesthetic change, for now at the very least. They have later plans, but for now just enjoy!
FOR OPTIFINE USERS:
If you are on version 0.3.0 or later of Druidcraft and are using Optifine, I'd recommend against it at the current time, as for some reason it wants to conflict with the rope block and how many states it has, despite vanilla handling it fine by itself. If you are unable to simply remove Optifine due to framerate issues or the want for shaders, then a temporary fix is available here. Make sure to install it and make sure it's selected as a pack before running the game, as it crashes on startup. It has the unfortunate side-effect of ruining the way that ropes look, so it's a tricky toss-up if you really want both pretty looking ropes and Optifine. I've tried getting onto the author regarding the issue but to no avail, so until I find out how to somehow fix it, these are the only options.
If you have any questions or issues regarding the mod, or just wanna keep an eye on progress, come by the Mystic Modding Team's Discord!