Ding (Fabric) is a 1.14 version of the popular ding mod. It plays an experience gathering sound when your Minecraft loads so you're aware it's ready. It also has a utility for pinging you if you're mentioned.
Ding has a config option for the loading sound played which is located in your config folder. You can use any Minecraft sound for this; check out this link for options. Ding also has a custom config screen in Mod Menu if you prefer to edit values from there. For ping alerts, here's a brief list of the config options:
- triggerStrings: an array of strings that trigger the notification
- textFormatName: name of your text style (color or format) for highlighted words, see this wiki post for available names
- highlightTriggers: do you want trigger words to be highlighted?
- playPingSound: do you want trigger words to play a ping sound?
- pingSound: a bit more advanced, but this specifies which sound plays. See this list for available sounds
The ping utilities are disabled by default. Ping users: make sure you turn them on! :)
Ding is client-sided, which means your client can use it independently, regardless of what mods (or no mods), the server has. Ding requires the Fabric Loader and Fabric API to operate.