I just went ahead and added all the features that I wished were in the base game into one mod. So just a ton of random items and changes that have no consistent theme other than I thought they would be fun. (Inspired in part by Quark, Extra Utilities, Random Things).
There are MANY MANY new items and blocks not shown here or in the gallery.
Absolutely everything can be disabled in the config file. Make an Issue ticket.
See the 1.3.0 changelog for more details https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/cyclic/files/2411176
Basically, there are some config entries that were removed for various reasons
- Didn't fit with theme of the mod
- Conflicted with other mods that do the same thing better
- Were features that people didnt expect from a mod that adds tons of items/blocks
- features that were often turned off
- features that needed better and more fleshed out config system to be useful
The main things are
- I had some features adding and changing mob spawning (such as iron golems in jungle, Snowmen in ice plains, cave spiders in roofed forest, etc), if you need features like this I suggest instead using In Control https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/257356-in-control
- I had some ocean clay world generation, if you want this I suggest instead using the Ocean Floor mod https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/231837-ocean-floor-clay-sand-and-dirt
- I added and changed a bunch of loot tables (such as bats dropping leather, silverfish droping iron, etc) but that has been removed as well, if you need features like this I suggest updating vanilla loot tables OR use the Loot Tables mod https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/255257-loottweaker
Screenshots and some videos inside the spoiler tags
Slime Pads: launch up any entity that lands on it. Can be upgraded.
Cyclic Scepter: A Tool for long range building - The mod is named after this item.
Automatic Fishing Net
Password Trigger - for wireless redstone
Piston Scepter - Push pull and rotate blocks. It even pushes chests and keeps their inventory.
Brewable Potions of Resistance, Haste, Health Boost, Luck, Waterwalk, Levitation, Magnet, Ender Aura, and Slowfall
Emerald Apple to cure villagers and unlock any 'X'd out trades
Unlockable Survival inventory tabs
Not as good as water breathing potions in the log term, but decent for emergencies.
A sack that transports blocks with inventory (such as chests) with their contents
A machine that reverses crafting
A machine that builds simple structures over time - circles and walls
Example of one of the many config pages
Ender Book to save waypoints and teleport back to where you have already been (same dimension)
Void Charm - Safe in any dimension
Sailor Charm - faster boat travel
Not as cost effective or long lasting as potions, but good in an emergency since it applies automatically.
Three different Scythes to harvest large areas. The Garden Scythe replants crops for you.
World Generation changes
Each of these features can be disabled in the config file individually
- Generate clay, sand, and dirt in the ocean instead of only gravel (like the old days)
- Generate ore in netherrack (lapis, emerald, gold, coal, diamond). The gold gives nuggets when mined
- Generate ore in the end (lapis, emerald, redstone, coal, diamond)
- Vanilla emerald ore now can spawn at any height, not only below the ground [still only in the Extreme Hills biomes as normal]
- Vanilla gold ore can spawn in and river biomes at any height
- Vanilla ores of all kinds can rarely spawn at all world heights, but only in veins of size one. Great for amplified
- Crops spawn randomly with nature. Carrots in extreme hills, wheat in plains, beetroot in forests, potatoes in taiga.
Magic Bean - gives a random mystery item when harvested.
Note on the Optional unbreakable spawners feature (not enabled by default, so breakable as vanilla):
You must turn this off on both client side AND server side to make spawners breakable again - and of course restart the server and clients. (totally compatible with roguelike dungeons too. Thanks to t3f with the github ticket and darkphan on twitch for helping figure this out.)
In the current version of the mod, this DEFAULTS to false, meaning the default setting is spawners ARE breakable just like vanilla, but the feature is still there if you want it
Other stuff includes:
- Emerald armor & tools that are weaker than diamond, but stronger than iron
- Sandstone Tools : strength/durability is between Wood and Stone
- Wireless Redstone using a password system
- New enchantments: Double Jump, Venom, Magnet
- Projectiles, such as fire, lightning, water, explosions
- Dungeon finder that works like the ender eye but finds the closest spawner
- Special carrots to upgrade horses - speed health and jump
- Ender Orb - A reuseable ender pearl
- Ender Wings - teleport to your bed spawn or worldspawn
- Chorus based food that lets you phase through walls
- Expanded player inventory and 3x3 crafting (eat special food to unlock)
- Editing signs with your bare hand
- Faster ladder climbing (Look up and stop holding forward)
- Unbreakable spawners (turned off by default)
- More items burnable as fuel
- Ore spawns in the nether and end
- Open chests right through signs
- Generate gold in rivers
- Generate crops in certain biomes
- Ender pearls work on horseback - your mount comes with you
- Heart container item to increase your health
- 2 new villager types added with new trades - Sage and Druid
There is more stuff i haven't had time to write about. I have lots of ideas for more features too!
Tech Talk - 3rd party tools used
Sound effects made with BFXR http://www.bfxr.net/
Some models made with the help of Crayfish Model Creator https://mrcrayfish.com/tools?id=mc
Open Source Shoutouts!
In the spirit of open source, thanking those other mods where I have used a tiny piece of code from them within Cyclic
- Botania - Vector3 class
- Not Enough Wands - OpenGL Rendering functions
- Builders Guides - Open GL Rendering functions
- Random Things - using FakePlayers to affect the world from a tile entity
- Baubles - Saving Item Stacks for a player in a binary file
- Vanilla Automation - Using PlayerControllerMP to change player reach distance
- Sponge - They helped me with network packets, multithreading, concurrent exceptions, and scheduled server tasks
- Ellpeck (AA) for some beautiful energy transfer code
Tutorials / Guides / Reference Shoutouts!
- Player Experience
- Finding existing recipes
- Tile Entities
- ItemBlock metadata
- Advanced Tile Entities and also this
- Block State changes
- Block Rotation
- Client Server sync and also this and this
- Block Transparency
- GUI Text Input
- Client Proxy tips
- Custom Sound Effects and also this
- Using mod API's such as JEI or Baubles
- Proxy Rendering
- Potions and Potion Textures
- Circles and Spheres
- Player events and also this
- Entity Damage
- Villager GUI
Direct Code Contributions Shoutouts
- Frost2779 for Item Rendering JSON and tooltips fix
- CatAndHorse for submitting a fix for the Controlled Miner
- InsomniaKitten for the JSON block models and some of the code for the new Pipes
- Arcaniax for the textures and models for the endgame swords (download at https://blockmodels.com/model/11/ and https://blockmodels.com/model/9/
Ithronyar has done lots for Cyclic including both models and sounds, for example
Doorbell sound credits:
License: Attribution 3.0
Recorded by Mike Koenig
- All other contributors and translators
- We Gonna Die
- FTB HermitPack
- Material Energy^Ex
- Technology Advanced
- Overpowered Non-Content
- Hyper Antix
- Nameless Pack (JonBams)
- The Modded Way Pixelmon
- CoupleCraft 2
- Farming Valley
- The New Frontier
- We Gonna Die Again
- All The Mods 2
- Mech & Magic
- Skills Not Included
- Enigmatica 2
Language translations and other pull requests?, submit one at https://github.com/PrinceOfAmber/Cyclic/pulls
Optional compatibility with Baubles Mod
Go for it!
Please report any bugs / problems / suggestions to the github Issue Tracker .
Note: I do not check curse PM's or curse comments !