Patchouli is a mod that aims to provide easy to implement, data-driven documentation for minecraft modders and modpack makers alike.
Patchouli's systems allow any modder or modpack maker to quickly create beautiful books full of user experience enhancing features. The user-facing feature set of the mod is designed in function of research done on what features people liked from Botania's Lexica Botania.
Quick list of things patchouli can do that you may be interested in. There's lots more!
- Data-driven content creation, no code required, you don't even need patchouli's code to build
- In-game text editor
- Rich text formatting system that supports macros
- Advancement-driven content unlocking
- Nested categories and bookmarkable entries for quick and easy navigation
- Several ready-to-use page types like text, crafting and image pages
- Multiblock visualization for easy building
- Template system to create custom page types
- Seamless integration with mods, with creative tab and pretending the book is from your mod
- Custom visuals and sounds
- Easily localizable for other languages
- Tons of other user friendly features!
Does this interest you?
Check out the Wiki for how to get in on all this goodness!
Massive shout out to all the following people who helped this become a reality:
- Drullkus for testing, providing some code, and the logo
- Ellpeck for extensive testing and tons of help with fixing bugs
- StanHebben, for extensive testing, lots of good feature requests, and also providing fair amount of code
- wiiv, for creating the art I used
Join us on Discord: