More Music Discs [Datapack Edition]
More Music Discs [datapack]
This data pack adds 4+ music discs and up to 5 that you can add your own music to! I plan on adding lots more music discs to this data pack so stay tuned for updates. I am mostly going to choose music that has no vocals that way it is non-copyrighted and/or is for all languages. Feel free to suggest music to be added into the main pack (keeping in mind it is non-copyrighted)
Click on the above image, select plan (at least 4GB), use code
legopitstop to get 25% off your first month and enjoy playing with your friends!
This datapack is currently being rewritten to use the Record API to make adding new discs easy.
The Record API datapack is now LIVE! Right now this pack currently doesn't use the API but keep your eyes peeled for the update!
Currently added music discs
-Basalt deltas - Unknown
-Rubedo - Lena Raine
-Chrysopoeia - Lena Raine
-So Below - Lena Raine
+ 5 blank discs to add your own music (look below on how to)
How to get the new discs?
-Right now there is no way to get your hands onto these discs in survival. later their you will be able to craft them using LPS Rcore API or they will drop like vanilla discs from creepers or loot chests. IDK??
- You can use the function command found below.
/function give:moremusic/<disc name>
How to add your own music?
1. Download the data pack
2. Unzip the folder that says "INSIDE" then unzip the resource pack and data pack to edit
3. Install the unzipped data pack and resource packs
4. inside the resource pack migrate to assets/custom/lang/en_us.json then open the en_us.json file
5. this is where you can edit the name of the music disc. only change the text on the right. make sure to at least edit the item desc and actionbar. the actionbar is what will show up when you put it in the jukebox. ex: "Now Playing: C418 - 13" then save and close.
6. now go to assets/custom/sounds/records/<sound>.ogg this is there you place your music file, note it must be a .ogg file you can find a converter [here] make sure the name is the same as the one already inside the folder.
7. finally go to assets/custom/textures/<texture>.png this is there you place your music disc texture/image. make sure it is named the same as the example ones.
8. Done! reload the resource pack and your done!
i did every thin you said and they wont show in my server
I got this to work, but it doesn't work in multiplayer. If you put the disc in, you'll hear the new music where any other players in the area will hear C418.
(only works for the player who puts the disc in the jukebox)
In reply to PerishBtw:
i think they have to have it on also
I got the disc to show up by using /function #give:moremusic/all after trying twice and it required the "#". None of them played music even the ones with names you gave them. It would insert into the jukebox, the jukebox would change into something that would bring a message up on screen and turn back into a jukebox in less than a second. Cant remember what the message said but something about creating something.
When i put a disc on the jukebox it turns into a command block and just proceeds to play disc 13
i would like to know if someone can help me create custom songs for me because I don't know how to do this if you can add me on discord (YT_Jayplays#8509)
whenever i try to play the new disc on the server the jukebox switches to the command block texture for a tick then reverts and takes the disc but the music doesn't actually play, and the chat log relays summoned new marker
In reply to Thrumptus:
that happend to me then i realized i forgot to put the resorce pack on
I have everything working and i made all 5 custom music discs just wondering if there is a way to make this work on a server. i uploaded it to my server and only the person that plays the disc can hear it
I will look into it.
In reply to Mcstageruny :
does anyone else have the resourcepack installed?
Currently the music still plays no matter how far away you get from the jukebox? Is there a way to fix this?
Very nice pack otherwise :P
the music discs aren't playing the custom music. how do I fix this?
when is the website going to be available?
There currently is no set date on when the API datapack and the website generator will come out.
In reply to Legopitstop:
that's a disappointment. But it's understandable.
Will you be releasing ver. 1.4.0 on 1.16.5 too?
No, I have no plans on back porting to older versions.
Is this getting ported to 1.17?
That's the plan