With the death of Bukkit, I will no longer be supporting this plugin. If it still works for you, fantastic. If not, you are on your own. All the source will remain available on GitHub. Farewell, -DeltaHat
Toxic Skies is a Bukkit plugin that makes the world a harsher and more dangerous place. Players are forced to survive underground or else be destroyed by the elements. Toxic Skies adds the following game mechanics:
- Players who get too close to the surface get periodically poisoned by the surface air.
- Staying above ground without protection will result in death after about two minutes.
- Pumpkins work like gas masks. Wearing one above ground prevents damage for a time.
- The weather is always storming. Monsters never catch on fire and visibility is reduced.
Compatible with Multiverse.
- Put .jar file in the Plugins directory.
- Start the server to generated a default config file.
- Update the config.yml file to set which worlds you want made toxic.
- Restart or reload the server.
- Mode 1 - Always raining. Air always toxic.
- Mode 2 - Rains now and then (like normal). Air always toxic.
- Mode 3 - Rains now and then (like normal). Air only toxic when raining.
- SecondsBetweenPolls: sets how frequently player exposure is checked.
- AboveGroundDamage: how many points of damage to do for each exposure.
- AboveGroundMessage: the message to display when a player is exposed.
- CleanAirMessage: the message to display when clean air is found.
- PumpkinHelmetBreakChancePercent: the percent chance that a player's pumpkin helmet will break.
- PumpkinHelmetBreakMessage: the message to display when a pumpkin helmet breaks.
- PumpkinHelmetSurviveMessage: the message to display when a pumpkin helmet does not break.
- PumpkinHelmetMaterial: the material name of the pumpkin helmet.
- AffectedWorlds: a list of world names to make toxic.
- To change a world's mode, add a pipe followed by the mode number after the world name
- Ex: myWorld|2
This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system. the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org unless opted out:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- Plugin's version
- Server's version
- OS version/name and architecture
- core count for the CPU
- Number of players online
- Metrics version
Opting out of this service can be done by editing plugins/Plugin Metrics/config.yml and changing opt-out to true.