If you want to...
- Keep your server's world size to a minimum to save disc space
- Minimize chunk-load lag caused by having lots of online players all over the map (#1 cause of server-side lag)
- Have a raiding/factions server, but want the players to be able to actually find each other
- Are just plain sick of people camping at two-and-a-half-gazillion blocks from the spawn!!
...Then this is a plugin you might be able to use ;)
- Simply select areas with WorldEdit and set them as "habitable"
- Don't have WorldEdit? Just add the area straight to the contain.txt file in the EvFolder folder (details below)
- Once any part of a world has been claimed, players in that world can not enter any other, unclaimed zones in that world.
- If no areas are set, then that whole world will be accessible.
- moderators with the stayinside.evade permission can override the plugin by using /escape to toggle "freedom"
- ..they can also use /escape [player name] to toggle wall-evading for other players.
//pos1 ~ Sets a position
//pos2 ~ Sets another position
/restrict ~ Adds the selection to the contain.txt, (however you will need a server restart for this new area to take effect).
Note: If you don't have WorldEdit, it will say "unknown command". However, it will still register the position, so don't worry.
Format for contain.txt entries
[World Name],[max X],[min X],[max Y],[min Y],[max Z],[min Z]
(each new entry goes on a new line)
- - - - - - - - - - - - Example - - - - - - - - - - - -
This keeps all players in the world "myworld" within a 1000x1000 square area.
The '0's cause the y-dimension to have no restriction (eg., the player can go to any height/depth they wish)