The head-hunting plugin with the largest collection of mob heads!
Built using high-quality heads supplied by Minecraft-Heads.com.
- Get player/mob heads with a command or as an item drop
- MASSIVE variety of mob heads (eg: lime sheep, swamp farmer villager, ...)
- Stacking and texture updating (eg: mojang texture changes or player skin changes)
- Fully configurable!
The defaults are designed to work well on most any server, but if you want to change them, here's a bit of what you can do:
- Only drop player heads
- Only drop heads when killed by a player
- Control conditions for what counts as 'killed by a player'
- Adjust drop rates (per mob type)
- Adjust drop rate based on spawn conditions (eg: Breeding, MobSpawners, /summon, ...)
- Adjust looting enchantment drop rate modifier
- Adjust drop rates when using specific tools or weapons
- Require using specific weapon(s) for heads to drop (eg: gold axe)
- Change any of the head textures
- Automatic updates, bringing new textures and features
- Enable charged creeper head drops for non-vanilla mob heads
- ...And more => Check out configuration files in the source repository
Q: Can I edit the head textures (i.e., for a resource pack)?
A: Yes! Look into the head-list.txt file
Q: How do I modify mobs' head drop rates based on spawn reason?
A: Edit the spawn-cause modifiers.txt in the config folder
Q: Does this plugin cause any lag whatsoever?
Q: What if I'm coming from another heads plugin?
A: DropHeads is a drag-n-drop replacement for all plugins I've tested, but if you have any issues let me know!
Q: What about older versions of Minecraft?
A: Sorry, DropHeads is not currently compatible with 1.12 and below. You can download an older version of DropHeads from under the Files tab, or use a different plugin that has support older versions, such as PlayerHeads.
In the works..!
- DropHeads as an add-on to PlayerHeads, so you get the older-version support but also the wide collection of heads from DropHeads!
- Tropical Fish CCP head-generator (we currently only have the 22 common varieties ☹️)
- "Hollow" heads for Skeleton-Horse & Stray
- More configuration options!
- Currently, there are no good heads for the following mobs:
- Tropical Fish (3104 heads—need to find a way to generate them)
- Zombie Villagers with profession AND biome skin features (WIP, about halfway done ☺)
If you find a bug or want to help fill in a missing head, please let me know!