Checkers is a Bukkit plugin which lets you play checkers (aka draughts). It has support for multiple boards and multiple concurrent games, playing against other players, or against the computer. Multiple board styles are supported.
- Multiple rulesets (American Checkers, English Draughts, Canadian Checkers...) selectable per board and game
- Create as many boards as you like in your world(s), and run multiple concurrent games on them
- Create different board styles (a couple styles are included)
- Players can fly around boards even without creative mode
- Permissions support (via Bukkit superperms)
- Economy support via Vault - bet economy credits on a game
- Play against human or AI opponents (using a fairly basic built-in AI)
- WorldEdit Support - terrain restoration if & when boards are deleted
- Translations - Messages can be translated into other languages
- Copy Checkers.jar into your Bukkit plugins/ folder.
- Optional: If you want Economy support, you will also need to install the Vault plugin, if you don't already have it.
- Optional: If you have WorldEdit installed, terrain will be automatically backed up when boards are created (and restored upon board deletion). WorldEdit v5.3+ is required - WorldEdit-5.3-SNAPSHOT or any earlier release will not work.
- Optional (1.1.0+): If you have Dynmap installed, checkers boards will be marked on your maps.
- Restart or reload your server.
- Quickstart Guide
- Command Reference
- Configuration File
- Getting Around The Board
- Board Styles
- List of stock board and piece styles
- Time Controls
- Rule Variations
- Permissions Support
- WorldEdit Support
- Dynmap Support
- Economy Support
- AI - Computer Players
Development versions can be downloaded from this Jenkins build server. Notes:
- Development versions have not been approved by dev.bukkit.org staff
- Development versions may be buggy, unstable, or completely fail to work. Only use development versions if you a) want to help with finding bugs, or b) have been asked to, to test a bugfix.
Bugs and Feature Requests
Use the Tickets tab to submit any bug reports or feature requests.
- Possible other checkers variations (international & Canadian rules) ?
Fully anonymous usage statistics will be collected using MCStats. More information on what is collected can be found here.
If you wish to opt out of MCStats metrics collection, edit
plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml and change opt-out: false to true.
If you use and enjoy Checkers, you are welcome to make a donation by clicking the "Donate" button at the top right. However, donations are strictly optional, and don't confer any special benefits over non-donors.