Welcome to Modular Routers! This is a highly flexible mod for moving items around the world in various ways. With a single block - the Item Router - and a selection of plug-in module items, you can:
- pull items from an inventory (including modded inventories like Storage Drawers)
- send them to other inventories near & far
- place items as blocks
- break blocks
- drop items into the world
- absorb dropped items
- fling items across the world
- sort items (including some sophisticated filters, more than just item/meta/NBT matching)
- void unwanted items
- remotely interact with your player inventory
- extend & retract lines of blocks (drawbridges!)
... and more. Possibilities abound for interesting item-manipulating contraptions. While plenty other mods can do all of the above, Modular Routers can do these things in one block, just by plugging in the right combination of modules.
This mod is for all major Minecraft releases from 1.10.2 thru 1.16.5 (except 1.13.x). All new development is now on 1.16.5, but the latest releases will probably still work on 1.16.3/1.16.4. No more development (of any kind) will be done on releases earlier than 1.16.5.
Detailed documentation can be found on the GitHub Wiki.
Join us at https://discord.gg/Zf5XwbfBRj where we're borrowing a channel #modular-routers from the PneumaticCraft: Repressurized discord :)
New textures for 7.3.0, thanks to Ridanisaurus!
Here's a mod spotlight, courtesy of Flanks:
And a two-part mod spotlight, courtesy of TheWerdOfRa:
This mod has specific integration with:
- Guide-API (a guide book will be added if this mod is present)
- JEI (tooltip additions for some crafting recipes)
- Tesla (if present, Tesla-supporting items can be charged in a router)
In addition, it has been successfully tested with inventories from:
- Actually Additions (crates)
- Storage Drawers
- Iron Chests
- Quark (extra wooden chests)
- EnderIO (item buffer & machines)
- Mekanism (bins & machines)
- Immersive Engineering (conveyor belts)
Modular Routers will not eject items directly into Mekanism logistical transporters (but it is possible to configure those pipes to pull from an item router). It will eject items into EnderIO item conduits. Immersive Engineering conveyors work well with item routers; they will insert items into the buffer, and the Sender Mk1 or Dropper modules can be used to eject items onto a conveyor belt (the Dropper module appears to work more reliably).
In general, Modular Routers should work fine with any mods using standard Forge (capability-based) or legacy (IInventory/ISidedInventory-based) inventories, which should cover just about everything. Note that legacy IInventory support has been dropped as of v3.0.0 (for MC 1.12).
Feel free! You are absolutely welcome to include this mod in your modpack. I would appreciate you letting me know if you do so (but you're not required to).