QuestHelperLite is an unofficial branch of QuestHelper aimed at providing the core subset of features in a slimmed down lighter version. Although some of the code and art assets of QuestHelper have been utilized, QuestHelperLite has been rewritten from the ground up and is in no other way affiliated with QuestHelper and those who have worked on it in the past.
The main deviation from QuestHelper comes from not utilizing a custom database to store quest objectives and locations. Instead QuestHelperLite gets all of it's info from the game itself. This has the advantage of providing a more compact addon without the need to update once new quests are available in game. If WoW knows about it, so does QuestHelperLite. Although this provides for a much lighter and compact addon, it is not without faults and some features of the old QuestHelper are not currently possible.
The core subset of features included in QuestHelperLite are as follows:
- Quest Pathing - Calculates an optimal route for you to follow while questing
- Tracking Arrow - A configurable arrow guides you to your next objective
- World Map Icons - Quest objectives are viewable outside of your current zone
- Ant Trails - Ant trails show the best calculated optimal route
- Context Menus - Context menus are displayed when you right-click objectives
- Ignorable Objectives - Ignore unwanted objectives