A HandyNotes plugin for the Shadowlands expansion. It will add the locations and rewards for rare mobs, battle pets, treasures and other miscellaneous points of interest to the map.
Rare mobs are listed as skulls on your map. If the skull is blue colored, that means you still need a collectible reward from that rare. If the rare has multiple spawn points, shares a spawn with common mobs or has a path, hovering over the skull will indicate all the points of interest or paths. Left-clicking on the skull will stick the points of interested on the map and minimap as you travel.
Treasures & Collectibles
Locations and solutions for treasures are displayed on the map, along with the achievement they are associated with and any rewards they contain. Each treasure icon will disappear once it has been looted. The locations of mounts, pets and other collectibles found in the open world are also noted.
Battle Pets and Trainers
The locations of all pet trainers and creature battles are marked on the map. Any achievements associated with defeating that creature or trainer will appear in the tooltip.
Right-clicking a node to bring up its context menu. From this menu you can:
- Create a Blizzard or TomTom waypoint
- Hide this node or restore all hidden nodes
Quick Toggle Menu
In addition to the plugin settings menu found under Interface > Addons > HandyNotes, a quick toggle menu will appear on any map that contains nodes added by this plugin. This allows you to quickly toggle, resize or change the opacity of nodes displayed on the current map.
- Change icon sizes and alpha based on type (rares, treasures, battle pets, etc)
- Customize the size and color and POIs and paths.
- Enable or disable groups of icons
- Enlarge icons when the world map is maximized
- Show only rares that you still need rewards from
- Show already completed nodes
This plugin adds information to the map for the following zones:
- Patch 9.0 - Ardenweald, Bastion, Maldraxxus, Revendreth, The Maw
- Patch 9.1 - Korthia
In addition to rares, treasures and pet battles, this plugin also adds the following expansion or zone-specific items.
- Lost Anima Shard locations for the Shard Labor achievement and Silverwind Larion mount.
- Tribute locations for the Count Your Blessings achievement.
- Vesper locations for the Rallying Cry of the Ascended achievement.
- Pool of Mixed Monstrosities summoning combinations and rewards.
- Slime cat locations for the Nine Afterlives achievement.
- Carriage locations and paths for The Afterlife Express achievement.
- Castle Sinrunner locations and paths for the What We Ride in the Shadows achievement.
- Dead Blanchy locations and progress for the Sinrunner Blanchy mount.
- Dredbat Statue locations and paths for the Bat! achievement.
- Impressionable Gorger progress for the Loyal Gorger mount.
- Inquisitor locations for the It's Always Sinny in Revendreth achievement.
- Bonus boss and cache locations for collecting Stygia.
- Chaotic Riftstone locations and transport paths.
- Grapple point locations across the maw.
- Stygia Nexus locations for collecting Stygia Dust and Stygia Sliver for the Bound Shadehound mount.
- Stolen Anima Vessel locations in the rift and around the covenant assaults.
- Ring and treasure locations for the Hand of Nilganihmaht mount.
- Maw and Torghast upgrades purchased from Ve'nari.
- Relic locations for the Reliquary Restoration achievement and The Archivists' Codex reputation.
- Daily treasure locations for collecting research (The Archivists' Codex reputation).
- Rift Portal locations for entering the rift phase of Korthia and the Maw.
- Invasive Mawshroom locations for the Darkmaul mount.
- Maelie the Wanderer locations for the Wandering Arden Doe mount.
- Dusklight Matriarch nest location for the Dusklight Razorwing mount.
This addon has been translated to the following languages:
deDE- German (thanks Dathwada!)
esES- Spanish (Spain) (thanks (EU) Krovikan-Minahonda!)
frFR- French (thanks Lightuky!)
ruRU- Russian (thanks Hubbotu!)
zhCN- Chinese (Simplified) (thanks Adavak!)
zhTW- Chinese (Traditional) (thanks mcc1!)
Credits and Issues
I'd like to thank Ersanth for her early contributions to this addon.
Did I miss something? Let me know in the comments if:
- Something is out of place on the map.
- A reward, path or spawn point is missing from a rare.
- Icons are not removed from the map when expected.