A HandyNotes plugin for the Shadowlands expansion. It will add the locations and rewards for rare mobs, battle pets, treasures and other miscellaneous points of interest to the map.
Rare mobs are listed as skulls on your map. If the skull is blue colored, that means you still need a collectible reward from that rare. If the rare has multiple spawn points, shares a spawn with common mobs or has a path, hovering over the skull will indicate all the points of interest or paths. Left-clicking on the skull will stick the points of interested on the map and minimap as you travel.
Treasures & Collectibles
Locations and solutions for treasures are displayed on the map, along with the achievement they are associated with and any rewards they contain. Each treasure icon will disappear once it has been looted. The locations of mounts, pets and other collectibles found in the open world are also noted.
Battle Pets and Trainers
The locations of all pet trainers and creature battles are marked on the map. Any achievements associated with defeating that creature or trainer will appear in the tooltip.
Right-clicking a node to bring up its context menu. From this menu you can:
- Create a Blizzard or TomTom waypoint
- Hide this node or restore all hidden nodes
Quick Toggle Menu
In addition to the plugin settings menu found under Interface > Addons > HandyNotes, a quick toggle menu will appear on any map that contains nodes added by this plugin. This allows you to quickly toggle, resize or change the opacity of nodes displayed on the current map.
- Change icon sizes and alpha based on type (rares, treasures, battle pets, etc)
- Customize the size and color and POIs and paths.
- Enable or disable groups of icons
- Enlarge icons when the world map is maximized
- Show only rares that you still need rewards from
- Show already completed nodes
This plugin adds information to the map for the following zones:
- Patch 9.0 - Ardenweald, Bastion, Maldraxxus, Revendreth, The Maw
- Patch 9.1 - Korthia
- Patch 9.2 - Zereth Mortis
In addition to rares, treasures and pet battles, this plugin also adds the following expansion or zone-specific items.
- Lost book locations for the Fractured Faerie Tales achievement.
- Wildlife locations for the Wild Hunting achievement.
- Wildseed spirit rewards found in the Queen's Conservatory.
- Lost Anima Shard locations for the Shard Labor achievement and Silverwind Larion mount.
- Tribute locations for the Count Your Blessings achievement.
- Vesper locations for the Rallying Cry of the Ascended achievement.
- Hymn locations for the What is that Melody? achievement.
- Pool of Mixed Monstrosities summoning combinations and rewards.
- Slime cat locations for the Nine Afterlives achievement.
- Disguise locations for the Crypt Couture achievement.
- Carriage locations and paths for The Afterlife Express achievement.
- Castle Sinrunner locations and paths for the What We Ride in the Shadows achievement.
- Dead Blanchy locations and progress for the Sinrunner Blanchy mount.
- Dredbat Statue locations and paths for the Bat! achievement.
- Impressionable Gorger progress for the Loyal Gorger mount.
- Fugitive Soul locations for the Absolution for All achievement.
- Inquisitor locations for the It's Always Sinny in Revendreth achievement.
- Crypt locations for the Crypt Kicker achievement.
- Bonus boss and cache locations for collecting Stygia.
- Chaotic Riftstone locations and transport paths.
- Grapple point locations across the maw.
- Stygia Nexus locations for collecting Stygia Dust and Stygia Sliver for the Bound Shadehound mount.
- Stolen Anima Vessel locations in the rift and around the covenant assaults.
- Mawsworn Blackguard locations for the Who Sent You? achievement.
- Ring and treasure locations for the Hand of Nilganihmaht mount.
- Maw and Torghast upgrades purchased from Ve'nari.
- Covenant Assault rewards (active assault only or check Covenant Assaults to see all four).
- Runecarver memory progress for the Clearing the Fog achievement.
- Box of Many Things achievements and rewards.
- All cosmetics and soulshapes found in Torghast.
- Wing-specific rewards such as pets, mounts, titles, cosmetics and achievement criteria.
- Relic locations for the Reliquary Restoration achievement and The Archivists' Codex reputation.
- Daily treasure locations for collecting research (The Archivists' Codex reputation).
- Rift Portal locations for entering the rift phase of Korthia and the Maw.
- Invasive Mawshroom locations for the Darkmaul mount.
- Maelie the Wanderer locations for the Wandering Arden Doe mount.
- Dusklight Matriarch nest location for the Dusklight Razorwing mount.
- Cyphers of Creation (puzzle caches) and repeatable cypher cache locations.
- Mawsworn Supply Cache locations for the Colossal Wraithbound Mawrat mount.
- Shrouded Cypher Cache locations which require Pocopoc's enhanced cypher equipment to see.
- Protoform Schematic locations for crafting mounts and pets.
- Lore Concordance and Echoed Jiro locations providing outdoor buffs.
- Coreless Automa locations for the Apocopocolypse Now achievement.
- Creature locations for the Completing the Code achievement.
- Proto-Material locations for the Traversing the Spheres achievement.
- Scroll locations for the Tales of the Exile achievement.
- Location and tracking for the Patient Bufonid mount quest chain.
This addon has been translated to the following languages:
deDE- German (thanks Dathwada!)
esES- Spanish (Spain) (thanks (EU) Krovikan-Minahonda!)
frFR- French (thanks Lightuky!)
koKR- Korean (thanks soaa!)
ruRU- Russian (thanks Hubbotu!)
zhCN- Chinese (Simplified) (thanks Adavak!)
zhTW- Chinese (Traditional) (thanks mcc1!)
Credits and Issues
- I'd like to thank Ersanth for her early contributions to this addon.
- I'd like to thank Wyldclaw for his numerous contributions in patch 9.2+.
Did I miss something? Let me know in the comments if:
- Something is out of place on the map.
- A reward, path or spawn point is missing from a rare.
- Icons are not removed from the map when expected.