This is based on the original ElitePlayerFrame by Kryndon. It simply changes the background texture of your PlayerFrame on your UI.
ElitePlayerFrame version 1.2 – I never did find a real 1.3 – was used as a basis, and then made to work with the Burning Crusade and beyond. It's since been rewritten to function better and introduce some added options. It is now designed to work without ever needing to be updated, so expect very few updates unless Blizzard makes API changes, and always check "Load out of date AddOns" in the AddOns menu at the character screen.
It has fixed display modes for each frame design, as well as an auto mode which changes according to the following:
- Death Knight - Alliance: Blizzcon Death Knight based frame
- Death Knight - Horde: Alpha Death Knight based frame
- Demon Hunter: Custom Demon Hunter frame
- Level 1–9: Normal frame
- Level 10–59: Rare frame
- Level 60–<Exanpansion's cap-1>: Rare Elite frame
- Level <Expansion's cap>: Elite frame
/epf in game for more info and a list of options.