ChatLinkIcons adds icons to links in chat similar to ChatIcons with all original code and support for all player links. Even players outside of your party/raid.
ChatLinkIcons also integrates with Pawn for more utility. Links for items that are upgrades will show with a green upgrade arrow next to the link. This can be turned on/off in the options and requires Pawn to be installed and loaded for this feature to be available.
The following limitations apply:
- Player links from system messages such as notices of friends/guildmates logging in will only display links if the game client had received a chat event or a combat log event fires involving that player.
- RealID communication doesn't supply sufficient information to display uniform data for player links.
- Unit links in the combat log that point to an NPC or pet do not have icons associated with them.
- Talent links are currently unsupported as there is no API to take a TalentID from a link and get an icon for it.
- To combat taint with the Blizzard Communities frame, this addon uses Blizzard's MessageEventFilter API. This is notorious for being broken in 3rd party chat replacement addons.
- There's a bug with Blizzard's international fonts that causes misalignment of embedded textures.
I'm open to questions and suggestions. Feel free to message me here or post in the comments.
I'm also available for support on the WoWUIDev Discord, @mention me (SDPhantom) or send a DM.