ChatLinkIcons adds icons to links in chat similar to ChatIcons with all original code and support for all player links. Even players outside of your party/raid.
ChatLinkIcons also integrates with Pawn for more utility. Links for items that are upgrades will show with a green upgrade arrow next to the link. This can be turned on/off in the options and requires Pawn to be installed and loaded for this feature to be available.
The following limitations apply:
- Player links from system messages such as notices of friends/guildmates logging in will only display icons if the addon has seen that player in the current session.
- RealID/BNet communication doesn't supply sufficient information to display uniform data for player links.
- Talent links are currently unsupported as there is no API to take a TalentID from a link and get an icon for it. (Classic only)
- Compatibility with other chat addons isn't guaranteed. While I try to write hooks in a generic fashion to support other addons, I can't account for everything they can do.
- There's a bug with Blizzard's international fonts that causes misalignment of embedded textures.
I'm open to questions and suggestions. Feel free to message me here or post in the comments.
I'm also available for support on the WoWUIDev Discord, @mention me (SDPhantom) or send a DM.