is a Wildstar add-on which tracks the versions of supported add-ons, shares the version information between group members, and provides several in-game alerts when a group member has a newer version of a supported add-on than you.
- Many players don't leave the Curse Client open or regularly check for updates, by running this add-on you are helping those users keep their add-ons up to date. This is especially true because many players don't like to leave the Curse Client running.
- It's passive and lightweight, meaning it shouldn't impact your overall loading or in-game performance.
- It provides a quick and clean way for you to keep track of which version of a supported add-on you are running.
- It works best when more than one person in a group is using it and the more people who use it, the more everyone benefits.
What Add-Ons are supported?
If you find your favorite add-on isn't supported, you can contact your favorite add-on author(s) through Curse and ask them to add support for OneVersion. Make sure to let'em know that adding support for OneVersion is easy!
For Add-on Authors
You might be asking yourself, "Why add support for OneVersion?" Here are a few reasons:
- Adding support is simple and straight-forward. The process of adding support has been designed to be as painless as possible for add-on authors.
- It removes you, the add-on author, from needing to add and maintain this sort of functionality in your add-on. Even if you already have similar functionality in your add-on, the notifications that OneVersion provides to the user are unobtrusive, useful, and unique among Add-ons.
- It helps to encourage your users to keep your add-ons up-to-date.
- It's been rigorously tested by some of the best add-on developers to ensure that the product is mature. It is continuously developed on to ensure that any issues are found and corrected quickly.
Adding Support to your Add-on
Adding OneVersion support to your add-on is very simple. A detailed guide can be found on the OneVersion wiki. If you want a quickguide, then just follow these simple steps below:
1. Add code to you add-on which tracks a major, minor, and patch level version numbers.
local Major, Minor, Patch, Suffix = 1, 0, 0, 0
local YOURADDON_CURRENT_VERSION = string.format("%d.%d.%d", Major, Minor, Patch)
2. In the code the loads your add-on, fire a Generic event like so:
Event_FireGenericEvent("OneVersion_ReportAddonInfo", "YourAddonName", Major, Minor, Patch)
Typically this event is fired at the end of the OnDocLoaded or OnInterfaceMenuListHasLoaded events.
That's it! Your add-on now supports OneVersion. If you do decide to add support for OneVersion, please send me a Note on Curse so I can add you to the growing list of supported add-ons. A link back to OneVersion from your own add-on would be appreciated too!
For more advanced uses of reporting to OneVersion such as suffix designations (i.e. 1.1.1c or 2.2.2ß) or libraries, please see the support wiki.
A big shout out to VimSh, KuronaSilversky, Immemor321, KamiNuvini, WintyBadass, YellowKiwi, perterter, Baerdurid and other add-on authors for taking the time to support and help me work through they myriad of bugs with OneVersion. Thank you so much for your assistance and support, since this add-on was made possible by you! Thanks also to my guildmates at <ForScience> for allowing me to use them as my unsuspecting guinea pigs.