Red Hat Castle is a non-linear adventure map inspired by many influences from 80s, 90s and 2000s adventure titles, including Castlevania, Zelda, Metroid, and Dark Souls. You explore a large castle and its surrounding zones on a quest to remove the king's curse. There are 3 built-in difficulty settings, each with unique content and endings. Just download the map, put it in your "worlds" folder and create a softcore character and you're ready to begin!
- Designed for 1 or 2 players!
- 3 to 6-ish hours of gameplay per run
- Open-world, non-linear progression
- Unique and varied environments, some completely optional to visit
- Countless secrets off-the-beaten-path for observant and adventurous players
- Endless layers of polish since its initial release in September of 2015
- 3 difficulty levels:
- Toddler Difficulty - Begin with tons of potions and 5 extra heart crystals; many extra items (start with Horseshoe!); easier platforming; simplest ending
- Normal Difficulty - Begin with 30 potions and 5 extra heart crystals; hidden extra ending content
- Metal Difficulty - Begin with nothing; limited access to items; unique items; gargantuan and intricate extra ending content to challenge ambitious players
Feel free to contact me with any questions or feedback you may have. I'm open to any ideas to improve your experience! Thank you so much for checking out Red Hat Castle!