Save the Internet
Starcraft: Mass Recall
Starcraft & Brood War Campaign Remake
The Legacy (of the Void) Edition of the Starcraft and Brood War campaigns remake. Mass Recall contains 68 maps, 59 from the original Brood War game, 3 that were hidden or deleted on various Starcraft supports, and 6 from the 1998 demo campaign.
This mod can be used with any Starcraft 2 version, including the free Starter edition.
Do not hesitate to leave feedback or suggestions in the comments below.
November 24th 2016
SCMR version 6.2.1 - a small bug-fix update to SCMRmod - is out.
With that, SCMR is done for the foreseeable future. To anyone wondering why our team hasn't done X or has left in a bug - ultimately it comes down to a simple truth: time is limited. We're a small team with varying levels of involvement and none of us are actively involved in this project all the time. Right now we're at a point where we need to step away from it and regroup.
It's likely we'll come back later at some point and maybe do some more playtesting, watch some playthroughs, gather all the feedback and go over all the remaining issues and things we feel should be improved more thoroughly. No promises though.
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to the project in some way (it's a long list which I'm not going to write here, just read the credits) and thanks to all the players for the massive amounts of feedback and continued interest in this project. That's what's been keeping us going for years.
- Jones, on behalf of the SCMR crew
November 19th 2016
SCMR version 6.2 now available! Change log on the download pages.
Updated files: SCMRmod, SCMR Map Pack 1/2 & 2/2, SCMRlocal, Retro addon. You will need the updated SCMRlocal for version 6.2, currently only available in English. Updates for other languages coming soon.
To update from 6.0 or newer: simply replace files. Your campaign data and options will not be affected. Mission saves created with previous versions will not work.
NOTE that if you have the cinematics addon already installed and you wish to use it, DO NOT replace "SCMRcinematics" with the file included in Map Pack 1/2. This is a placeholder file required only if cinematics addon is not used.
As of version 6.2, the "SCMR Cinematic Player" file in your Starcraft Mass Recall root directory is no longer in use and can be deleted.
Downloads - version 6.2.1
- SCMRmod (REQUIRED)
- SCMR Map Pack 1/2 (REQUIRED)
- SCMR Map Pack 2/2 (Required to play episodes 4-6 and extras)
- Retro addon for SCMRmod (optional)
- SCMRlocal (English) (REQUIRED) Note: contains localized text and subtitles for chinese, french, german, korean, russian and spanish languages. Corresponding language should be selected in your Starcraft II client.
- Cinema Addon (English) v6.2.1 (optional)
- SCMRlocal v6.2.1 (French) (REQUIRED)
- Cinema Addon v6.2.1 (French) (optional)
- To have english audio with french text, use SCMRlocal (English)
- SCMRlocal v6.2.1 (German) (REQUIRED)
- Cinema Addon v6.2.1 (German) (optional)
- To have english audio with german text, use SCMRlocal (English)
- Only text localization is available, please use SCMRlocal (English)
- SCMRlocal v6.2.1 (Russian) (REQUIRED)
- Cinema Addon v6.2 (Russian) (optional)
- To have english audio with russian text, use SCMRlocal (English)
- SCMRlocal v6.2 (Spanish Voice) (REQUIRED)
- Cinema Addon v6.2.1 (Spanish) (optional)
- To have english audio with spanish text, use SCMRlocal (English)
If you've played previous versions of Mass Recall, for a clean install it is recommended you delete any previous Mass Recall-related folders or zip archives from your Starcraft 2 root install directory, and delete or rename the SCMR.SC2Bank file in (Documents)/Starcraft II/Banks
For older versions of the mod, see the "Files" section.
How to Play
Auto install using the SCMR installer
- place the installer and all downloaded zip archives to your Starcraft 2 install directory (the same folder where your Starcraft 2.exe is located)
- run the installer
- use the Mass Recall shortcut created on your desktop to start the game
Auto install video guide by DeltronLive
If you wish to play while logged on to battle.net, you will need to take the following steps:
- Launch Starcraft II using the battle.net launcher
- Alt-tab to desktop
- Launch Starcraft Mass Recall using the created shortcut
If this method does not work for you on Mac, you will still need to manually install the mod (see "manual install" below)
Don't let the number of steps put you off, the installation part is actually very simple and should only take about 2 minutes.
- extract the map packs (SCMRmaps)to the "Maps" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory (create the "Maps" folder if it doesn't exist)
- extract the mod files (SCMRmod and SCMRlocal) to the "Mods" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory
Manual install video guide by Jayborino
- illustration of the correct file paths (click to enlarge):
note that you can't have both the standard SCMRmod and the retro version in the Mods folder at the same time, one will always overwrite the other
- launch the Starcraft 2 editor
- open the setup map named SCMRsetup in your Maps folder and click the "test document" button on the top right (or press ctrl+F9)
- when you're at the setup screen, save the game
- go back to the save menu, highlight the save you just created and click the "show in folder" button.
this will minimize Starcraft 2 and open the folder containing the save file
- move or copy the save file to the saves folder under your account
(your documents folder)/Starcraft II/Accounts/.../.../Saves/Multiplayer (or any other subfolder)
if you can't find this folder, login to your account, go to campaign -> load, click on a save and click the "show in folder"-button. It will take you to the folder you need to move the save file into.
- open Starcraft 2 again and exit the setup map
- login to your account and load the save via the campaign load menu
- once loaded, click the "install" button
- when you're at the title screen, save the game again. You can now use this save to launch SCMR, the setup save is not needed.
Note that you can still save and load any SCMR map, as long as you're logged in.
During any mission, typing "quit" as a chat message will take you back to the menu.
Also make sure you're using an up-to-date version of Starcraft 2.
- Param/values/whatever: if lots of texts are like that, you may have a problem with your Mods: delete SCMRmod and SCMRlocal, and re-download them from the links below. If it is only one or two lines (say, a mission objective), report it in the comments section (in that case, please specify which language you are playing in).
- Dependency cannot be loaded: The mods are not at the proper place. Check that you have put your mods (SCMRmod AND SCMRlocal) in the Mods folder, as on the picture below.
- Unable to load map: Your maps are not at the proper place. Check that you have put the episode files such as "1. Rebel Yell" in a folder "Starcraft Mass Recall", itself to be placed in Maps, as on the picture above.
Other manual installation guides:
map design and scripting
based on the Starcraft 2: Brood War mod by
additional development by
custom 3D models & textures by
|GhostNova||units: Dropship, Marine (Retro), Siege Tank (Retro), Stukov (co-author SoulFilcher)
portraits: Fenix, Duran, Stukov (co-author SoulFilcher), Goliath
|Thrikodias||units: Tassadar, Observatory, Arbiter Tribunal, Warp Gate, Bengalaas, Kakaru, Psi Emitter, Stasis Cell
portraits: Mengsk (Retro)
|GnaReffotsirk||Carrier, Shuttle, Queen, Creep Colony, Guardian (Retro)|
|Cacho56||units: UED marine
portraits: Duke, DuGalle
|SoulFilcher||units: Ion Cannon, SCV (Retro), Stukov (co-author GhostNova)
portraits: Stukov (co-author GhostNova)
icons: Kerrigan, Tassadar, Devourer, Queen
portraits: Overmind (Retro), Daggoth (Retro), Zasz (Retro)
|XibadivS||Control Tower, Machine Shop|
|Snowflake Entertainment / Project Revolution||Valkyrie|
|Kailniris2||Shield Battery, Psi Disrupter textures|
|Delphinium1987||Psi Disrupter mesh|
|MSeverns||Duran, Raszagal units|
|Skulluse||Sarah Kerrigan portrait|
|ZeShmoutt||retextured Hunter Killer, Devouring One|
|SyCoAttack||Dark Protoss (Shakuras) doodad retextures|
|TooMuchTuch||decals: Alpha, Delta, Nova, Omega Squadron, UED, Kel-Morian Combine|
|Frankiealaplaaja||decals: Mar Sara militia, Sons of Korhal|
|Kostyarik||animations: briefing Start button, score screen|
|Re1deR||briefing transitions, portrait highlight texture|
|Jones||town sign textures|
|luhkoala||SCMR loading screen, remastered victory screen backgrounds,
additional loading screen artwork
|Existor||SCMR logo & banner|
PLEASE NOTE that this is a completely unofficial, non-profit, fan-made remake and in no way affiliated with Activision Blizzard.
Old time Brood War players may enjoy the Carbot Animations Brood War series.